Recommendations for a Handheld Gas Blower

I am looking to get some recommendation for a handheld gas blower to quick clean up of decks, walk and driveway when I don't want to break out my backpack blower for bigger jobs . The handheld will probably get about 10-15 hrs/year use.

Two I am looking at are the Echo PB-2520 and Husky 125B at about $ 200. Both are consumer models and spec wise they are pretty close. Both have features removed from the similar "pro" versions : single piston ring, no chrome plated cylinder, cheaper carb, lower quality air filter, no rubber grip handle etc. If on-line reviews are any indication, looks like Husqvarna is having more of a share of problems with ignition coils and early wear out of piston rings.

Any one with experience with either of these or recommend something else?

I've been buying Echo everything lately (good stuff) but I have a 10yo Husquvarna weed eater that cranks every time and a 5yo Hitachi leaf blower that was $99 at lowes (just looked and they don't seem to make it any more) and that thing has been great for the money.

I think you'll be happy with either, but I'd get the Echo.

Anyone know the outside tube diameter at the blower housing for either PB2520 or 125B or other blower ? One other consideration for the blower purchase is if I can fit or adapt my Echo Mosquito Yardshield mister attachment to the blower.

Last edited:
I had a hitachi for 7-8 years and it finally blew.

I got a clearance walmart hypertough for 39$.. and it might be worth that.
I use it for clearing off the tractor deck.. driveway and sidewalk.
use it about 5-10min.
anything more and I break out the echo pb-8010 x series backpack blower.

I will say after I figured out how to start the hypertough.. its been less trouble.

press primer bulb 20-30x (not 5x)
you cant push it too much or it stays stuck in (lol) so they are 1/2 or 2/3 pushes.

put on choke.. pull 4-5x until it kicks over. sometimes it will start but if it doesnt
put on half choke.. starts first pull.

I have a ryobi battery blower but it just doesnt have the oomph to get grass clipping off rough concrete.. I could sweep faster.
it works ok for blowing off the tractor and dusting out the garage or blowing buds and leaves off the deck.

If I was buying I'd probably go echo.

maybe a good lithium powered one.. dont have to mess with gas.
4 year tool and 8 year battery warranty..
its tempting.

Doesnt get much easier than grab and push button.. I wouldnt believe the hour run time but 20-30min on high maybe.
Much less vibration too.

Last edited:
I live on average and have a Husquvarana backpack blower. As dumb as it sounds, I prefer its cheap washable foam air filter element. It doesn't require an expensive replacement filter.

why not an electric one?
I want to attach my Echo yardshield mister. It looks like most electrics have much larger diameter tubes than the mister. Also, seems like most electrics have a run time of 15 minutes. I need at least 30 minutes with the mister attached.

Back