Input on upgrading backpack blower

I rarely repair them for customers also now. The dealers near me will still sell parts, but with the parts prices being what they are I have to believe they are incentivized to push customers into new equipment. Last time I was quoted a price for an ignition coil for a fairly new saw it was half the price of a brand new saw.
I asked the small engine guy I took my Ariens snowblower and cub cadet lawn tractor to about this and he hadn't heard of any issues so far. He gets all his Stihl parts from a small local shop.

I asked the small engine guy I took my Ariens snowblower and cub cadet lawn tractor to about this and he hadn't heard of any issues so far. He gets all his Stihl parts from a small local shop.
The small local shop is likely a certified Stihl dealer. Unfortunately there are no more small guys around me, only larger dealerships as they bought all of the small guys out.

I have a 13 yo Husqvarna /Redmax 150bt blower and I looking to get recommendations for a new blower with more power. The Husky has been pretty good over the years, pretty sure these aren't Redmax blowers anymore. I would like the weight around 24 -25 lbs. Anyone with experience with Husqvarna 360BT, Husqvarna 570BTS, Echo PB-580T or Echo PB-755ST ?
I have a BR450. Best blower I’ve ever had. Used Craftsman, Echo (both my trimmer and blower were unreliable + made in China), Homelite (actually my second favorite), and Stihl. Unless I could find a new, old Homelite style 26B, I’ll always use Stihl. My BR450 is 3 years old, has probably 40 hours on it, and is super smooth. Can’t recommend them enough.

Ive got the "big" Makita 4 stroke, a lil heavy at 24lb, but 706FCM and 206 MPH its a fuel sipper. Runs long enough to do my whole 1.5 acre property on one tank.

I can’t recall if mine is the larger or smaller. It is certainly well built, and being Honda-powered runs like a top. And it sips fuel.

But it doesn’t hang well off the back. Doesn’t matter how I mess with the straps, the weight is too far back. I’ve gotten used to it, but this would be a horrible “all day” wear.

I rarely need to use it more than 45 minutes, so we are ok, and it is the most reliable blower I’ve owned.

I have either the biggest or the second biggest husquvarna backpack blower. Love it. I’d buy it again tomorrow.

Edit: model 580, 1000-1200cfm and 220mph

I can’t recall if mine is the larger or smaller. It is certainly well built, and being Honda-powered runs like a top. And it sips fuel.

But it doesn’t hang well off the back. Doesn’t matter how I mess with the straps, the weight is too far back. I’ve gotten used to it, but this would be a horrible “all day” wear.

I rarely need to use it more than 45 minutes, so we are ok, and it is the most reliable blower I’ve owned.

Yeah, it's on a vibration isolation cradle that adds to its depth making the weight farther back than ideal.

It gets run 1-2 hours a week so not terrible.

Somehow I missed its powered by a honda mill, its nearly impossible to tell underneath all the plastic.

It's a little gem. It loves 0W-40 BTW (couldn't resist...)

Back