M3P Ludicrous Review

I love older cars for sure. The fact that they're not as responsive doesn't factor. Nostalgia has a place.
Sure. Technology marches on and changes all the numbers. My 68 Vette came with bias ply skinny tires, F70x15 which is something like 220/70/15. The 255/50/16 Comp TAs changed the car; they helped keep the car straight under 2nd gear torque. The 68 L88 was clocked at 200+ mph at Daytona.
@Trav mentioned the incredible SL600 which is light years ahead in tech and is much faster. And a pretty expensive ride.
The new M3P furthers that tech and pushes the limit; it's an AWD, dual motor, 500+ HP, 550 flat torque, sub 3 second 0-60 and 10 second quarter mile car. For $55K? I understand the suspension is really good; I am waiting for some articles to come out and of course I am waiting to drive one. My car is supposed to come with staggered Michelin Pilot Sport rubber. It will stick. Plus it can be driven in chill, sport and track modes. This car can be used in many ways and starts every day with a full tank. Tech for the win, baby!

Our 65 4-4-2 is a handful with 14" tires and drum brakes... This car gets attention. One of the most original survivors left. I have the build sheet. All CA car, built at Fremont, ordered and sold in Redondo Beach and lived in LA and Petaluma. Always garaged.
1718164259046.jpg

Last edited:
Sure. Technology marches on and changes all the numbers. My 68 Vette came with bias ply skinny tires, F70x15 which is something like 220/70/15. The 255/50/16 Comp TAs changed the car; they helped keep the car straight under 2nd gear torque. The 68 L88 was clocked at 200+ mph at Daytona.
@Trav mentioned the incredible SL600 which is light years ahead in tech and is much faster. And a pretty expensive ride.
The new M3P furthers that tech and pushes the limit; it's an AWD, dual motor, 500+ HP, 550 flat torque, sub 3 second 0-60 and 10 second quarter mile car. For $55K? I understand the suspension is really good; I am waiting for some articles to come out and of course I am waiting to drive one. My car is supposed to come with staggered Michelin Pilot Sport rubber. It will stick. Plus it can be driven in chill, sport and track modes. This car can be used in many ways and starts every day with a full tank. Tech for the win, baby!

Our 65 4-4-2 is a handful with 14" tires and drum brakes... This car gets attention. One of the most original survivors left. I have the build sheet. All CA car, built at Fremont, ordered and sold in Redondo Beach and lived in LA and Petaluma. Always garaged.
View attachment 224443
Im waiting on thr MY"L" to look at. The M3P is just too small and low for me.

What exactly is so impressive about that video? I didnt see any 250 kph runs against a real fast car.
Why do you have a problem with the real facts. That 2024 M3P couldn't touch Germany's best.

• 510 hp. Peak Power. Peak Power.
  • 2.9 sec† 0-60 mph. 0-60 mph.
  • 163 mph. Top Speed. Top Speed.

The 68 L88 was clocked at 200+ mph at Daytona.
A specially built one did that, the stock production car did about 151mph
How fast was a 1968 L88 Corvette?

Performance
0 - 30 mph3.5 s
0 - 90 mph11.3 s
0 - 100 mph13.0 s
1/4 mile13.6 s @ 111.2 mph
Top speed243 kph (151 mph)

What exactly is so impressive about that video? I didnt see any 250 kph runs against a real fast car.
Why do you have a problem with the real facts. That 2024 M3P couldn't touch Germany's best.

😂 You’re joking right?

Not at all if I posted anything not factual tell me what it is. I think you should aim your comment to another poster who is charitable with facts.

Last edited:

What's so impressive? The new M3P is the only car in the world that can do that for $55K MSRP. Germany ain't got a prayer at that money.
But kudos for even watching the video. Did you like it? I expect the car magazine reviews to be pretty impressed.
Question for you: What is the cheapest 10 second German supercar? Isn't the Taycan Turbo S well over $200K?

You are right about the 1968 L88 with the 3:36 gears. Top end was higher with the 3.08 or 2.73. I don't know all the options.
The L88 needed big tube headers to breathe. Of course this car was not pure production, we are talking about Daytona and very high speeds.

Remember this L88 that raced at Le Mans under the Ferrari car allotment? Ferrari made them paint it red and, of course, add the Prancing Horse.
The Corvette L88 Scuderia Filipinetti Le Mans Racer holds a significant place in Corvette’s racing history. With a coil spring front suspension and an L88 engine prepped by Zora Arkus-Duntov and smuggled out the back door to circumvent GM’s ban on racing, the L88 was driven at the 1968 24 Hours of Le Mans by Henri Greder and Umberto Maglioli. The car dominated the Porsches and led the GT class until the 6th hour when a carburetion problem melted a piston.
1718420081455.jpg

Good conversation!

Last edited:
What's so impressive? The new M3P is the only car in the world that can do that for $55K MSRP. Germany ain't got a prayer at that money.
But kudos for even watching the video. Did you like it? I expect the car magazine reviews to be pretty impressed.
Question for you: What is the cheapest 10 second German supercar? Isn't the Taycan Turbo S well over $200K?

You are right about the 1968 L88 with the 3:36 gears. Top end was higher with the 3.08 or 2.73. I don't know all the options.
The L88 needed big tube headers to breathe. Of course this car was not pure production, we are talking about Daytona and very high speeds.

Remember this L88 that raced at Le Mans under the Ferrari car allotment? Ferrari made them paint it red and, of course, add the Prancing Horse.
View attachment 225028

Good conversation!
You should stop making a fool out of yourself. No stock Corvette ever went anywhere near that fast. It’s called aerodynamics and it increases at the SQUARE of the speed.

You should stop making a fool out of yourself. No stock Corvette ever went anywhere near that fast. It’s called aerodynamics and it increases at the SQUARE of the speed.
Did I say stock?
The #49 Stars and Stripes 1969 L88 Corvette participated at 24 Hours of Le Mans setting a GT speed record of 215 mph on the Mulsanne straight during qualifying.

In 1969 an L88 was a record setting car at Daytona clocking in at 200+mph.

There's more. I bet @Trav knows of some pretty fast Corvette racers. Maybe he can chime in with his thoughts.

Regarding stock, the current top spec stock Corvettes are pushing 200 mph and the upcoming 2025 C8 ZR1 is supposed to have a top speed of 220 mph and accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.5 seconds.

Last edited:
The new M3P is the only car in the world that can do that for $55K MSRP
Do what for 55K? An Audi S4 can run 250kmh (voluntarily limited) and cost less than 55K, it can also run at these high speeds longer than an ev. Interior, handling, brakes, fit and finish are superior.

Hardly, I already have a few cars but if I wanted a performance car at a good price this would be a good start. 40k used, 16K miles, one owner, real wood and leather and every option, V12 twin turbo and it is a very high end quality car. With the amount I drive fuel economy is not an issue.

View attachment 224264

High end, not sure about high quality anymore. And with costs that are excessive for repairs. I can buy a used Tesla battery for less than coils and plugs for that car. And I suspect rubber parts will be as bad as any Tesla repair.

Of course I want one all the same…

Do what for 55K? An Audi S4 can run 250kmh (voluntarily limited) and cost less than 55K, it can also run at these high speeds longer than an ev. Interior, handling, brakes, fit and finish are superior.
Sorry, the S4 starts at $56K and you won't find one for that cheap. The M3P is a 10 second car, the fastest S4 is 2 seconds slower.
0-60 2.9 to 4.1. Not even close.
M3P top speed is over 160 mph.

Hardly, I already have a few cars but if I wanted a performance car at a good price this would be a good start. 40k used, 16K miles, one owner, real wood and leather and every option, V12 twin turbo and it is a very high end quality car. With the amount I drive fuel economy is not an issue.

View attachment 224264
It's not exactly a driver's car though. More of a GT and autobahn cruiser.

Sorry, the S4 starts at $56K and you won't find one for that cheap. The M3P is a 10 second car, the fastest S4 is 2 seconds slower.
There is no doubt it's the best value out there if you can charge at home and are not bothered by the blandness or customer service / quality issues of Tesla.

Did I say stock?
The #49 Stars and Stripes 1969 L88 Corvette participated at 24 Hours of Le Mans setting a GT speed record of 215 mph on the Mulsanne straight during qualifying.

In 1969 an L88 was a record setting car at Daytona clocking in at 200+mph.

There's more. I bet @Trav knows of some pretty fast Corvette racers. Maybe he can chime in with his thoughts.

Regarding stock, the current top spec stock Corvettes are pushing 200 mph and the upcoming 2025 C8 ZR1 is supposed to have a top speed of 220 mph and accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.5 seconds.
There is no point in saying x did y when x is not x. When GM wins Lemans outright then you can say something. Ford needed Lola to do it, GM still hasn’t won it outright. Top speed on the Mulsanne used to be much more important than it is nowadays. Nowadays the entire package matters more than top speed The race is on HBO in another hour. Corvette should do well, if they last. They have been having issues since their move to GT3. Toyota is probably hoping they don’t look like a bunch of clowns like last year.

Really, who cares? I sure don't give a rats rear as I don't drive on a drag strip on my way to get a haircut. Nothing about the performance impresses me for a daily driver and lets be honest the vast majority of people buy the car for normal everyday use and isn't that what this whole ev push is all about, getting people to buy them to drive like any other car.

We are all different and there are vehicles for all of us. My 84 year old mother drives a Prius to save fuel and she loves her car!

I am absolutely a HP junkie. Even at 60 years old, I want a vehicle to rock my world. If it has enough power to rip the tires loose, I'm happy. If it responds instantly, pulls over a "G" in cornering and has epic race-car brakes, I'm in heaven. Add in a comfortable conforming seat, a drop-top and I'll drive all day, loving every minute of it.

cnfXsG5.jpg

Once
I am not getting the point of your fantasy trips, in a previous post you said you will not be doing 0-60 or going faster than 100mph.

Back