M3P Ludicrous Review

No high horse, if I wanted a performance car it would have to at least look the part and sound like a performance car not a family coach. Hey you buy whatever does it for you but please stop talking all sorts of weird smack like beats the snot out of this and that, no one cares.

I will never do a 0-60 run and will rarely hit 90 mph.
Then what is all this about? Bragging rights?

No high horse, if I wanted a performance car it would have to at least look the part and sound like a performance car not a family coach. Hey you buy whatever does it for you but please stop talking all sorts of weird smack like beats the snot out of this and that, no one cares.

Aye! Its all about sound and looks
Tbis is why Civic Type R with wing and muffler is primo under $100k

How do you know no one cares? You sure seem to.

Bragging rights? No, I am just buying a car.

I'm not at all sure I agree. The performance versions of the Tesla are impressive, and turn great lap times. Clearly, enthusiast owners that do track days upgrade tires, brake pads and sometimes more. But in the end, the cornering prowess and times are well into the sports car range. These things are not just 1/4 mile monsters. The recent crop of performance oriented "family car" EV's are stunningly good.

Battery temperature and reduced performance after a few laps can still be an issue. I wonder if the latest M3P can finish 15 laps without reducing power. Also, these cars are heavy and tough on tires during a track day.

By way of comparison, my quite capable Jag F-Type 400HP convertible will turn 1:04.5 lap times at Lime Rock Park on the OEM crummy tires. The M3P is a full 5 seconds faster, and that was done on Falcon Azenis street tires (which are admittedly a fav of mine). I would require slicks and 100 more HP to match that.

And the lap record for a Spec Miata 1:01.10 (normally around 1:02.2)

Not impressive. Instant torque makes up for other deficiencies.

Aye! Its all about sound and looks
Tbis is why Civic Type R with wing and muffler is primo under $100k
Hardly, I already have a few cars but if I wanted a performance car at a good price this would be a good start. 40k used, 16K miles, one owner, real wood and leather and every option, V12 twin turbo and it is a very high end quality car. With the amount I drive fuel economy is not an issue.

sl600 v12.jpg

Hardly, I already have a few cars but if I wanted a performance car at a good price this would be a good start. 40k used, 16K miles, one owner, real wood and leather and every option, V12 twin turbo and it is a very high end quality car. With the amount I drive fuel economy is not an issue.

View attachment 224264
I cant afford that. Id need to buy it new.

View attachment 224264
It’s cool and all but an EV would spank it and steal its lunch money. 😂

Sorry, I had to say it.

Not in the long run it wouldn't and with these geriatric speed limits it makes no difference. Imagine, no tablet, no cheap vegan leather aka plastic seats and cheapness all over the interior. Lets not talk about the top coming down, there is no comparison, you cant compare a toilet to a throne.

It matters as a car guy. Fast stuff is fun in the right situation. If we’re spending this much on a car, it might as well be fast and fun. It’s not a base Corolla.

If performance and fun wasn’t a thing we wouldn’t have Mustang GTs, Camaro Z28s, Golf GTIs, STIs, etc. EVs being fast is child’s play and it used to be a huge argument of magazine numbers. Now that EVs decimate everything it no longer matters apparently. You mad bro?
The same can be said for big gas guzzling Pick Ups, and land yacht size SUVs. Not all car guys want fast fun stuff, there are a lot of people going all out for pick ups, big SUV's, and vehicles that can be driven off road.

View attachment 224264
Now that is something I could see in my garage. That is one nice looking car!

It looks great with the top down. To me that is a stunning machine that checks all the boxes. With 16K on the clock and under 50K it is not even broken in and you can fill it in 5 min or less and keep going.

mb top down.jpg

View attachment 224264
Beautiful car. Not for me, but still a beautiful car. The guy across the street has a big bucks Bi-Turbo, the sound is incredible, pure heaven. His wife drives a Model Y Performance to haul the kid around.

Last edited:
The same can be said for big gas guzzling Pick Ups, and land yacht size SUVs. Not all car guys want fast fun stuff, there are a lot of people going all out for pick ups, big SUV's, and vehicles that can be driven off road.
True, but it doesn’t make the other useless. It might be unnecessary for another user, but that’s a completely different conversation.

It looks great with the top down. To me that is a stunning machine that checks all the boxes. With 16K on the clock and under 50K it is not even broken in and you can fill it in 5 min or less and keep going.

View attachment 224333
Please... My car looks better. And sounds better. And might even have better paint. Looks even better with the aftermarket 16x8 Chrome Ralleys and 255/50/16 Comp TAs because it sits lower...
68 side.jpg

68 shiny.jpg

Last edited:
Please... My car looks better. And sounds better. And might even have better paint. Looks even better with the aftermarket 16x8 Chrome Ralleys and 255/50/16 Comp TAs because it sits lower...
View attachment 224362

View attachment 224368
Good looking car but it is no MB SL600 in any way, where you screwed the pooch is giving it away to your BIL or did you forget you told us that?

Good looking car but it is no MB SL600 in any way, where you screwed the pooch is giving it away to your BIL or did you forget you told us that?
Let's just say the car is in good keeping. Mark has installed the soft top, weather strips and is finishing the interior. I've had the pieces for years but got burned out. Plus I can't do interior work; Mark is a true craftsman. His 62 Fuelie was a basket case when he got it.
1718135208844.jpg

Back