M1 vs PP for 0w20 H/M?

I've been using Mobil1 0w20 high mileage for my 02 Civic SiR on the last couple of oil changes. Runs nicely and seems to reduce the oil consumption.

PP 0w20 H/M is on sale for half the price at Canuckistan Rubber. M1 has slightly higher Kinematic Viscosity @ 100C (8.8 vs. 8.5)

Thoughts on this? And how do you guys find the K&N oil filters? I usually buy Wix, but it looks like CT doesn't stock them anymore.

Buy whichever is cheapest or has the coolest bottle design.

Buy whatever filters CT stocks if they are your preferred retailer. It won’t matter.

K&N are generally average oil filters that you pay a premium price for. Nothing wrong with them but I don't value that hex nut on top.

as for the oil filter this is what the OEM looks like.

Its the same internals as a Fram OCOD. Not saying this is a bad filter but almost any well designed filter will work just as well. Even a OCOD.

I'm a PP guy, but nothing wrong with Mobil. Your car won't know the difference. Good OCI and filters are 1000x more important than brand of API certified oil.

0w-30 M1 AFE. Any oil filter from a major will be fine. Yea some one will chime in saying some study says bal, bla, bla filters better. Car engines that are maintained usually out last the rest of the vehicles.

K&N are generally average oil filters that you pay a premium price for. Nothing wrong with them but I don't value that hex nut on top.

as for the oil filter this is what the OEM looks like.

Its the same internals as a Fram OCOD. Not saying this is a bad filter but almost any well designed filter will work just as well. Even a OCOD.

"It's" referring OEM or K&N?

Back