Potentially neglected Toyota 1NR-FE -- 0w20? Motul 8100 Eco-Lite?

@sphinxgr I have done 2200 km since the cleaning with Xado Anticarbon and the consumed oil is 1.1 L, which means that the consumption did drop from 0.6 to 0.5 L/1000 km. I could not see the change until now, because it is only an improvement of about 17%. It is not much, but it is better than before, so I might use it again in the future. Thank you again for the recommendation!
Try again in the future to clean it again. Be careful with the engine temperature. It has to be low – cold. A lot of people tried it in the past at 1NR FE and had a lot of difference and not only 15%.
My vehicle dropped from 7,5l per 5000km, to 600ml per 5000km.

Hi @sphinxgr! I have found out why I had the check engine light on, but it was unrelated to the cleaning with xado. The top chain guide has fallen off and the vvti gear was dirty. We have replaced the chain guide and cleaned and reassembled the vvti gear (this is not recommended, but the original would have cost a fortune).

The oil consumption after a while was back at 0.6L/1000km, so I have applied xado this year again, but to a much colder engine. This time 3 out of 4 cylinders spit out some dirt (see photo). This did not happen at all when I first tried xado. After this treatment and 4400km the oil consumption dropped to just 0.3/1000km (with still 0w30 in the engine). This is a significant improvement to me. Thanks for the advice on the cold engine. Best regards, and happy holidays!

Attachments

• xado.jpg
    xado.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 11
Back