0W20 for K24?

Did you see or experience any downsides to using the 0W-20 in your TSX?
The K24 seemed to love it. Go figure.
We bought this 2006 TSX new; with 205K it does not go through a drop of oil between services.
The other 2 cars have less miles and go through maybe 1/2 quart...

We bought this 2006 TSX new; with 205K it does not go through a drop of oil between services.
Same here. My 06' TSX is at 270K and always serviced by myself with 5w30. Now I know why they stopped making this motor/model. They run forevvvvver. One of the best motors ever made in my humble opinion. She'll do 100 on the highway, solid as a rock and stop on a dime. Going to put the full 300K on her, buy a new car, and use her to keep miles off until something catastrophic happens.

What made you go back to 5W-30? Playing it safe since it’s the oem spec?

What made you go back to 5W-30? Playing it safe since it’s the oem spec?
I guess so. I always wondered why the Accords and such called for 5w20.
These 1st gen TSXs are great cars. Someone told me they were sold as Accords in Japan, not sure if that's true.
1639166873075.jpg

I have two K24W and I run 0W-20 only; OCI is more important than the grade I'd say; both engines work like champ with 0W-20

You have an Accord don't you? What is your favorite fill?
Kind've a toss up between Magnatec and QSFS 5W-30. The QSUD 0W-20 and 5W-20 was great too!! The current QSFS (SP version of QSUD "feels" thicker in the engine for some weird reason. I guess feels thicker for the grade maybe?). I think my next fill will be QSFS 5W-20 since it's "Texas winter" here:D

Kind've a toss up between Magnatec and QSFS 5W-30. The QSUD 0W-20 and 5W-20 was great too!! The current QSFS (SP version of QSUD "feels" thicker in the engine for some weird reason. I guess feels thicker for the grade maybe?). I think my next fill will be QSFS 5W-20 since it's "Texas winter" here:D
I always luv the smoothness of QSUD/QSFS in any of my vehicles. My Ram especially likes it...

Back