M1 costs more at Wally World now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes!!! You got to hear this to believe it. I had to run up to Tennessee to help out my Dad that has terminal cancer, and told my wife, who loves shopping, to go to Walmart and see if M1 has risen in price as this post stated. Sure enough, the prices too went up in Oklahoma. Anyway, she went ahead and grabbed 5, 5 quart jugs. She thought that they may even go up higher. See? I am even getting my wife trained in oil and oil prices. My oil shrine is growing.

[ September 14, 2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Let's hope it is one of Walmart stunts so that they can lower it back down in a month or two and announce how they are "Rolling back prices" - yea right

That's probably what they are doing. I go to Walmart every week and buy a lot of the same food stuff there for the same price every week too, but then I see the price go up to a higher level for 2 or 3 weeks, then they lower back to where it was all along, and put up a "rollback" sign. Very sneaky. They think we wouldn't notice.
rolleyes.gif
Although at the same time, even at the higher price levels, it's still cheaper than the grocery store (some things I pay $2 for at Walmart are $3.50 at the grocery store for instance)

Yes, they call this merchandising. I call it the "spreadsheet mentality." Watch your sales at a given price. Then change it, and track your profits again. Compare the overall profit of selling at each individual price taking into account all the costs involved in selling the different quantities, etc. Adjust your price again to maximize profit.

Rinse and repeat.

Wally didn't get to be the biggest company in the world by guess and by golly...

After reading this post, I went and checked and sure enough, they are $22.something for the 5 quart jugs here in Charlotte, NC. They better go back down.
mad.gif

it's still $18.88 here in Doo-Dah land.

You guys had me spooked yesterday so I went to Wallyworld and bought some 5W30 for the Pathfinder and 10W30 for the Frontier, but its the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back