M1 5W-20, PU 5W-20, and CE 5W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car is a 2009 RAV4 Sport I4.
I've been using Mobil 1 5W-20 for the first 20,000 miles.

What do you all think about Mobil 1 5W-20, Pennzoil Ultra 5W-20, and Castrol Edge 5W-20?

I've been happy with the Mobil 1 5W-20. I'm just curious if there is something else out there that is worth switching to.

I've used Mobil 1 5W-30 in our 1997 CRV since it was new. It now has over 250,000 miles.

I would prefer Ultra and Edge for extended drains over the standard M1. However if your not going to do extended drains I see little point in changing.

If you are going to use the standard oil change interval in the manual I would use M1, Quaker State Ultimate Durability or Pennzoil Platinum whichever you can get cheaper.

all r great choices. i just put edge in my 97 ford crown vic with a 4.6 v8. and it seems to be a pretty good oil. i will let a uoa do the talking in a few months

Can't go wrong with any of them they are all quality synthetics. If Mobil 1 is what your comfortable with then continue using it they are all great oils. I play favorites with Pennzoil just cause that's what I've had good luck with and like based on reports but each is to their own.

Why change? You have a good thing going, they are all very good choices. I would go with what is on sale out of them at the OCI if you are still covered under warranty.

I would go with conventional 5W20 with manufacture OCI which is 5k miles for warranty, after warranty period I would change to M1 or any syn with 0W20 weight and extend OCI to 8-10k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back