Losing interest in firearms?

I am starting to lose interest is pretty much everything that used to be interesting. I guess it is just getting bored with the same old stuff. I am 70 years old.
45, lost interest in guns 10 years ago. Gladly sold them all and didn't look back.

54 - still interested but time, $$ and BS just get to annoying. NYS laws SUCK. It took 25.5 Months for my son to get is Pistol permit. It will be at least 6 more months for his CC. Need to show permit just to buy ammo in NY.

Son (23) is very interested and I like to go with him. Daughter (20) interested more for the self defense aspect and I like to go with her. Wife is a struggle to go with us even though she has hers bedside.

My son has a Garand because it was something he wanted. He worked and saved, we got it from CMP. He also bought an older Browning A5 from LL Bean in Maine that he uses for duck hunting. He loved it when shooting the instructors at the Boy Scout Camp. Wife and daughter are quite good with the AR and Pistols.

Whatever I have will be theirs someday anyway. I don't think I'll ever sell one at this point unless I totally hate it or it's unreliable.

Have always had an interest in guns & shooting/hunting

The hunting part left about 10+ yrs ago

Still buying guns I don't need

But they still interest me

Like this 10mm Springfield..or Ruger PC9 carbine....etc.......

pic is 10mm.....16+ mags....a hand full with full nuts loads

z3ylJMC.jpg
Sweet mercy 🙏😇 mother of God!!! Bear 🐻 hunting!?!?! Good hunting Mr Wick.

The blue states will get more restrictive. That's not going to matter, because most of the gun people are fleeing from them anyway. But we won't lose the Second Amendment....... EVER.

I remember in the 70's I thought the Equal Rights Amendment would surely pass. I mean why not? But it failed. In fact last August they couldn't even advance a resolution to remove the deadline for its ratification. It failed to pass by 51 to 47.

As it turns out, they've been beating that dead horse for 50 years. And it had far more support than trying to repeal the Second Amendment will ever have.

Adding and repealing Constitutional Amendments is a very difficult process to accomplish. The founding fathers of our government purposely set it up that way. And you also have to remember the corporate media only reports one side. They're every bit as corrupt as the government they're trying to report on. Especially when it comes to guns.

They all make it sound like anti gun measures are more popular than they actually are. Today we have concealed carry handgun laws in most every state. Many have reciprocity. If you would have said that back in the 70's people would have laughed at you.

Most people thought all handguns would be banned by today..... Yet here we are. With the addition of several states adopting, "Stand Your Ground" laws as well. It's not as bad as most would lead you to believe.
This is an accurate assessment. Also, more than 50% of
States have Constitutional carry with four added in 2022. The reality belies the nonsense news media reporting.

I never was a gun collector but I have what I like. I may lose interest from time to time but I will never give up what I have., Of course I am still in my 30's now ( for another year) and anything I leave will go to my family. I hope to have more by then.

It goes in cycles. Not enough hours in the day to pursue everything I enjoy at all times. Currently it’s car work, then will shift to gardening, then building, then shooting, then who knows what.

I'll always have a small collection of firearms . I still enjoy them but It's just not as much fun going to the range by yourself . When the weather gets better I'll start going 1 - 2 times a month .

I never was a gun collector but I have what I like. I may lose interest from time to time but I will never give up what I have., Of course I am still in my 30's now ( for another year) and anything I leave will go to my family. I hope to have more by then.
I am 70, 30 was great .

I've lost interest in shooting firearms as I've gotten older. I find it rather boring. But if I had a lot of disposable income, I'd enjoy collecting various combat rifles of the past. I think it would be neat to have a varied collection from WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, etc.

I used to be the "go to" guy in my PD for weapons knowledge and advice back about a decade ago until I was nearly killed when an old man turned left in front of me and my motorcycle. A near death experience will take some the fire out of your furnace for sure. I was always practical with my wants but even more so. Getting rid of guns I don't really need. Just keeping the ones I really have a need for.

I used to be the "go to" guy in my PD for weapons knowledge and advice back about a decade ago until I was nearly killed when an old man turned left in front of me and my motorcycle. A near death experience will take some the fire out of your furnace for sure. I was always practical with my wants but even more so. Getting rid of guns I don't really need. Just keeping the ones I really have a need for.
doing the same thing. Getting rid of guns I don't really need. Just keeping the ones I really have a need for.

I lose interest and get it back again, then again I'm only 38. But work and co-parenting makes it slightly challenging. My kid is 8 and has his first bolt action .22 so I feel I'm going to get back into it. He's excited and I am too. Where I live is making it more difficult to enjoy this hobby, but that's politics so I'll leave that alone!

My inerest in firearms has waned with age. Have sold quite a few of my more potent weapons.. Now my pistol collection has become just what can be used in self defense with endangering anybody out side of my house. Shot placement is key not caliber.

Shot another 200 rounds through my G17 and P320 today at the indoor range. Fun was had for the most part I guess.

I know we're all different but man, I don't understand the need to show off and 'win' at the range. A guy three lanes down was apparently given permission by the RSOs to do mag dumps with his AR and the percussion was literally making my teeth hurt. I wasn't the only one looking over and shaking my head. Dude seemed to enjoy the fact that everyone stopped shooting while he was dumping, and was all loud 'look at me' yuk-yuks with his buddy between mags. Yeah, cool, bro. :rolleyes:

Shot another 200 rounds through my G17 and P320 today at the indoor range. Fun was had for the most part I guess.

I know we're all different but man, I don't understand the need to show off and 'win' at the range. A guy three lanes down was apparently given permission by the RSOs to do mag dumps with his AR and the percussion was literally making my teeth hurt. I wasn't the only one looking over and shaking my head. Dude seemed to enjoy the fact that everyone stopped shooting while he was dumping, and was all loud 'look at me' yuk-yuks with his buddy between mags. Yeah, cool, bro. :rolleyes:
When I see somebody looking for attention , I make it a point to ignore them . Loud car , big loud gun ? Doesn't matter . You won't get an audience here .

Had the same experience at an indoor range several years ago. I went there to try out a brand new Bersa Thunder. 380 that I just got. No one on either side of my lane at first but after I shot 20 or 30 rounds a guy showed up with an AR in the lane to my right. I didn't pay much mind and reloaded and continued to shoot the Bersa...until he started shooting his AR...and it was no .223/5.56 rounds, it was insanely loud and percussion as you described. It had to be .458 SOCOM. I packed up and left and never returned to that range. Never liked indoor ranges anyway.

BTW, the Bersa is the worst gun I've ever owned. It was a jam machine and still is after two trips to two different gunsmiths. Trading it for a baby Glock one day.

Back