LOOK what MMO did to my pistons!!!!!!! and MORE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

No matter what I said, he just thought I was an idiot... and you know...
gr_eek2.gif

I've termed this situation "Serpico". If you remeber the movie, Serpico walks into the bathroom and turns on the light (it was out). A peeping tom cop tells him to turn it off as he watches a lady undressing through binochs. Serpico looks too. A few seconds later the light turns on and someone says "What's going on here?" ..the other cop walks out with a smile on his face ..and Serpico is accuse of doing something "naughty". Serpico just gets a look on his face that says, "What's the use?
dunno.gif
No matter what I say, I'll look guilty."

When you do something like this ..you kinda put yourself in an indefensible position to any criticism. There's no escape ..since anything you say just convinces the other party that you're a smackedazz.

I think we need to adopt a boardwide response to these challenges. How about:

"It's a BITOG thing. You wouldn't understand" ??
grin.gif

The concensus ..and the pronounciation by the original owner, Bob, is BYTEOG ..I can't quite nail down the accent break ...whether it's BYE-TOG ..or BYTE-OG. Before we actually did a poll ...I used b(it)-og ...maybe (in the odd way I associate things) it was because Bob is the oil guy starts off with short vowels
dunno.gif

The question I have; Was it the MMO or ATF that cleaned the combustion chambers. Also, how many miles since you used the snake oil in the guinea pig?

quote:

Originally posted by Winston:
The question I have; Was it the MMO or ATF that cleaned the combustion chambers. Also, how many miles since you used the snake oil in the guinea pig?

I'm not sure, so I'm gonna just run MMO in my C20 and in my wif's Exploder and see what happens.

It's just been about 300 miles since I've finished the "snake oil"
shocked.gif
treatment in the F250. Still runs great... now I've got ARX in it. Next up is LC/FP. It truly IS a guinea pig! A willing one, at that.
smile.gif

BTW, Winston, in your signature it should read "Gary Allan"
tongue.gif

I don't know
confused.gif

Keep in mind that Terry has given a strong warning about ATF. I don't share his reservations only due to my experience. But he makes more than I do ..so I will recommend that others listen to him ...even if I do not (on this one matter anyway).

I just did the mega dose to see what would NOT happen ..and was pleasently surprised.

If you're bent on the mega shock dose ..then we're pioneering it right now. I entered this with no method to the madness. I just did it ..and then did it again.

For the cost it can surely be done seasonally ...but that may be overkill
dunno.gif
. If you want me to suggest something ...then I'd say just before an annual tuneup/plug change thing. Hopefully you track your mileage and other stuff, keeping your finger on the pulse ..so to speak.

After the initial purge (if you can figure out when you're clean) ..then I imagine that you don't have to do this for a very long time. This I haven't a clue about ..but I'll probably do it once a year.

Next I'll try it on my wife's OBDII 4.0 Jeep and see if it wreaks any havoc with the thing. I suspect not, but I've just had no reason to add anything beyond a can of Seafoam® in the past two years ...oh ..and one bottle of Regane®

Gary, as I replied in the other post about whats in MMO, after the MMO/ATF cocktail, my tailpipe in the morning looks exactly like adding SeaFoam through a vacuum line.

Heh , I have seen a lot of posts about Terry and I saw the one where he doesn't recommend ATF in it. But I got nothing wrong to report just totally the opposite. It might be overkill but I think i'll do this anually too.

quote:

Well, I can't say how dirty they were to begin with, but @ 170k and 30k of being a major fogger ..and 10k (approx) of being a minor fogger (extreme reduction with Auto-Rx) one can reasonably assume that there should have been substantial deposits. There could be the obscure and unlikely possibility that there was nothing there at all ..even with a fogger for that many miles. As you can see from the title 'look what happened when I did this'(paraphrased) ...and the worst that it did was "nothing"
dunno.gif
beyond increased drivability and starting ease.

As far as how long since I ran it ..hmmm...a few tankfulls ago (I don't know how many). Before that, it was a few months (maybe 6). The first was pre-filter testing. When it stopped starting with the bump of the key ...I did it a couple of weeks later
dunno.gif

Oh ..I missed this ....
quote:

...Frams are Crappy filters... Gary Allan (I'm a peasant Scot ..not a Brit)

lol.gif
lol.gif

Yea, DEETROIT, where the weak are killed and eaten! Please buy Detroit Iron and preserve an institution and the American way of life!

A public service announcement by us locals...
crushedcar.gif

hi. i have been reading this post with great interest. i had heard about the atf thing for years and never tried it. i have used straight steam from a engine degreaser/cleaner on an old toyota truck to clean out the carbon from one of the pistons (carbon knock at startup). and i am willing to try the atf/mmo route. i have a integra with 124k miles and it was driven like a little old lady by the last owner. i just pulled the valve cover to get some "before" pics for a auto-rx treatment. lost of black varnish on everything. no major buildup. it looks like it burns a quart of oil to 500 miles. my question is, there seems to be all kinds/brands of atf. what brand did you use? are they all the same? can i get away using the dollar store stuff? i have a quart of it lying around here somewhere. how much do i use in a 10 gallon tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back