LOOK what MMO did to my pistons!!!!!!! and MORE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Bitog didn't exist, nor did digital cameras and the ability for someone my age to post proof of my experiences with MMO from my youth. lol Gary's pictures just prove points many of us were trying to make but couldn't prove. So yes thanks Gary for offering proof!

This doesn't actually support the use of MMO in the fuel. The ATF is just as likely to have produced the results.

I've fooled with it in small 4 stroke engines and saw the results. No ATF added to gas in those engines.

Again, the whole point I made doing this was what "didn't" happen. There was quite a debate on how using MMO at the recommended dosage would impact your emissions system.

Keep that in mind when someone just routinely ..automatically ..pukes out "You'll shoot your eye out, kid", without a spec of rational reasoning supporting the warning. There you're dealing with a personality and not a product or process. So, please don't look toward the product as being the defective element in the discussion right off the bat if one such personality is present and vocal.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Alan
Gary,nice stuff.
Grandpa knew his stuff better then most thought.

After reading some of your prior post mentioning your experiences with the stuff i've been also doing some MMO/ATF treatments on my VW and Toyota with awesome results.It cranks over right away,feels smooth throughout the range and has gotten me some fantastic fuel efficiency.

I tried the mix also on my brother-in-law's abused 95 Golf and he actually called in a few days me to tell me how smooth and more peppy the engine felt throughout the range.

Thanks for the tip.

Hi!
Does the ATF work in diesels ?
If OK, do we add in the fuel tank and what is the procedure ?

I did go ahead and put the 1.5 quarts ATF in the fuel, on new fuel filter. Now, I will add a quart of MMO and drive.

Feels smooth, a nice package that appears to do more than Seafoam ever could...

Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
I did go ahead and put the 1.5 quarts ATF in the fuel, on new fuel filter. Now, I will add a quart of MMO and drive.

Feels smooth, a nice package that appears to do more than Seafoam ever could...

I'm interested in your observations. Keep us posted.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
This doesn't actually support the use of MMO in the fuel. The ATF is just as likely to have produced the results.

Exactly what is in ATF that has any detergency to clean anything. I'm thinking the ATF softened the hardened carbon and the mmo was more able to clean it out.
ATF would work as an upper cylinder lube,and in doing that it stops carbon from getting hardened and easier to remove with an Italian tune up however in a modern vehicle considering ATF isn't formulated to burn it likely isn't optimal.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Exactly what is in ATF that has any detergency to clean anything. I'm thinking the ATF softened the hardened carbon and the mmo was more able to clean it out.

I don't know the answer to your question, especially since it has been fairly well established that ATF does not contain detergents, but it does have a reputation for combustion chamber cleaning when burned.

I have personally heard over the years of the phenomena that Gary referenced here. Your theory on the division of functions between ATF and MMO may be correct.

Originally Posted By: unDummy
Marvel needs to bring back the "inverse oiler" for you guys.

Continuous vacuum feed for your addiction and can probably be used for any chemical "product":
http://www.ampcolubes.com/pricing.html

I've got 2.

Me too, two of the originals. Both work exactly the way they did when I bought them almost 30 years ago.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: unDummy
Marvel needs to bring back the "inverse oiler" for you guys.

Continuous vacuum feed for your addiction and can probably be used for any chemical "product":
http://www.ampcolubes.com/pricing.html

I've got 2.

Me too, two of the originals. Both work exactly the way they did when I bought them almost 30 years ago.

What a great old design. I really think MMO has a much greater effect when used preemptively rather than after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back