Lexus IS350F Sport wins against 335i & ATS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad for Lexus the Germans are back in town. Lexus led luxury car sales in the U.S. for the past 11 years. As of Feb. 2013 MB leads BMW in US luxury car sales. LINK

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: hypervish
Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: Trav

The other thing they should give points for but cant/wont is the prestige factor.
BMW would steal this category without moving. Lexus would be harmed badly because of its relationship with parent company Toyota.

Ironicly, I won't own a BMW because of the phony "prestige". Every weasel that thinks he's "made it" goes out and buys a 3 series BMW and the proceeds to act like a douche bag to prove his worth. No thanks.

+1, to that. That's another one of the reasons why I sold my M3 although it wasn't a deciding factor of course.

I had to chuckle, given that the car in your signature is a wannabe 5 or E-class. Same formula - midsize, 6 and 8 cyl options, not giant but fancier and a bit bigger than the small high volume car...

Really, got out of a 3 because of peoples' behavior and decisions, and went to the brand that sells a restyled camry to its wannabe "fancy" customers?

If you were driving an MT accord or something Id give a thumbs up. But I see the formula as exactly the same, different hood ornament.

Not to get onto the subject of stereotypes, but Lexus owners and BMW owners are not the same or even close.

BMW owners are snobby, show offs, who think they own the roads because of their ride. Lexus owners generally are kinder, relaxed and don't feel the need to show off.

Not to mention, it's definitely not the same formula for BMW & Lexus. Lexus is actually reliable, and won't break down every other week and cost you thousands in repairs. Not to mention, Lexus cars generally ride smooth and quiet. BMW not so much. Two completely different cars.

I've explained this before, i didn't get out of the M3 due to the hood ornament. I got out due to electrical faults, and a few other nicknacks that were bothering me. I got out while I still could, I wouldn't want to own any BMW with or without warranty after that experience.

I wanted to add to this (Leakey,Tx area).

This "cruise" is no joke by any means.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/555/Texas/The-Three-Sisters-(AKA-The-Twisted-Sisters)--Ranch-Roads-335-336337a.html (copy & paste) like you didn't know.

I run this area at least once a year.... and it's a hoot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PZR2874
I wanted to add to this (Leakey,Tx area).

This "cruise" is no joke by any means.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/555/Texas/The-Three-Sisters-(AKA-The-Twisted-Sisters)--Ranch-Roads-335-336337a.html (copy & paste) like you didn't know.

I run this area at least once a year.... and it's a hoot.

Thanks for that. Nice to know that there's a good quality road to enjoy near my future home.

Not to get onto the subject of stereotypes

But then.....

Quote:
BMW owners are snobby, show offs, who think they own the roads because of their ride. Lexus owners generally are kinder, relaxed and don't feel the need to show off.

Really? guess I need to check myself then eh?

Quote:
Not to mention, it's definitely not the same formula for BMW & Lexus. Lexus is actually reliable, and won't break down every other week and cost you thousands in repairs.

Neither of my BMW's has broken down "every other week", in fact the M5 has been bullet-proof save the clutch, which is a "wear item" with this car. And even then, the car was still fully functional, you just couldn't romp on it when quickly shifting.

Quote:
Not to mention, Lexus cars generally ride smooth and quiet. BMW not so much. Two completely different cars.

I guess I need to tell my M5 to harshen up its ride. It must think it is a Lexus
smirk.gif
The 3'er ride is nothing like the 5-series ride. But hey, if we are tossing out stereotypes we might as well go balls-in right?

Quote:
I've explained this before, i didn't get out of the M3 due to the hood ornament. I got out due to electrical faults, and a few other nicknacks that were bothering me. I got out while I still could, I wouldn't want to own any BMW with or without warranty after that experience.

But based on that one experience, you are willing to stereotype not only an entire brand, but an entire group of owners. Bravo sir! Give your monocle a good shine for me will you?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Not to get onto the subject of stereotypes

But then.....

Quote:

Really? guess I need to check myself then eh?

Quote:
Not to mention, it's definitely not the same formula for BMW & Lexus. Lexus is actually reliable, and won't break down every other week and cost you thousands in repairs.

Neither of my BMW's has broken down "every other week", in fact the M5 has been bullet-proof save the clutch, which is a "wear item" with this car. And even then, the car was still fully functional, you just couldn't romp on it when quickly shifting.

Quote:
Not to mention, Lexus cars generally ride smooth and quiet. BMW not so much. Two completely different cars.

I guess I need to tell my M5 to harshen up its ride. It must think it is a Lexus
smirk.gif
The 3'er ride is nothing like the 5-series ride. But hey, if we are tossing out stereotypes we might as well go balls-in right?

Quote:

But based on that one experience, you are willing to stereotype not only an entire brand, but an entire group of owners. Bravo sir! Give your monocle a good shine for me will you?

It's my opinion, and I know many who would agree. That's all I have to say. I'm not going to get into an argument with you over my opinion.

BTW: I didn't stereotype the brand over one experience, everyone and their mother knows how BMW reliability is.

And, like I said, I don't want to stereotype. Which is why I didn't, I stated my opinion.

If there is one thing I could have re-worded it would have been, MOST BMW owners are snobby....

My MB has had over $5k in warranty work.

For the first time in any of my vehicles, I'm considering buying an extended warranty when the manufacturer one expires.

So many things are expensive and high quality but have some sort of fatal flaw in their design.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back