Lets talk about new vehicles

Thank you. I agree
Yes in the past I wouldn't.
But I resigned myself that I was going to use it and not worry anymore. I am still very cautious where I park though.
I guess it's old age... 😢
I got door dinged to the tune of 1100 bucks about 4 cars ago and now I’m obsessive about parking. You can’t prevent it but you can try to minimize.

Not age but wisdom Jimmy. 😎

My Wrangler 4xe has averaged 49.8 mpg since I picked it up in October. Unlike the Maverick, the great mileage is due to the fact that the 4xe is a PHEV; I plug it in every night and the IC rarely kicks in on my daily commute.
I had a Chrysler van for a rental and plugged it up every night and only used about a gallon of gas in just over a week. A plug in hybrid would work for me perfectly.

This morning on back roads. Nine stop signs and the heat on full blast.
No attempt to eek out any mpgs..

1000001279.jpg

I drove my VW today after a 17 day absence. I don't miss filling it up with 93 octane. After driving the Maverick the VW was like a rabid beast. I was looking for the tone down button...
The Arteon is like a rocket and the Maverick ain't slow.. two different rides for sure. The VW takes a bit getting used too. Smoothest 4 cylinder I ever had.
The Maverick isn't agricultural either. Actually very nice and refined. The Maverick mpg is awesome though.

Maverick Ghost

When you turn off a Hybrid Mav within 5 minutes you will hear what sounds like 3
raccoons fighting under your hood. A crazy loud raucous.
Yesterday I sat and waited in the truck, and this went on for 25 minutes off and on.
A friend said my truck was possessed. Sad but true. @Hermann

Maverick Ghost

When you turn off a Hybrid Mav within 5 minutes you will hear what sounds like 3
raccoons fighting under your hood. A crazy loud raucous.
Yesterday I sat and waited in the truck, and this went on for 25 minutes off and on.
A friend said my truck was possessed. Sad but true. @Hermann
Yes the hybrid makes a lot of noises. They really don't bother me as I'm a ASMR sort of person.

Yesterday when cleaning the interior on a nice day it just chattered like crazy. My favorite is the reverse gear OHSA beeper. Peds do pay attention when it's talking. Don't know what the chattering is doing but when I start the next day the ICE doesn't kick in, even after driving the last .6 miles on electric inside my subdivision. Maybe the clattering noises keeps rodents away. Mice fried by 400+ volts would not be pretty. BTW if you have the Ford tray mats, they clean up wonderfully Use some sort of vinyl/rubber conditioner afterward, they look almost new. Nice having some sixties degree weather in late Jan and early Feb. to do car stuff. My Oil change is only a couple days away.

Yes the hybrid makes a lot of noises. They really don't bother me as I'm a ASMR sort of person.

Yesterday when cleaning the interior on a nice day it just chattered like crazy. My favorite is the reverse gear OHSA beeper. Peds do pay attention when it's talking. Don't know what the chattering is doing but when I start the next day the ICE doesn't kick in, even after driving the last .6 miles on electric inside my subdivision. Maybe the clattering noises keeps rodents away. Mice fried by 400+ volts would not be pretty. BTW if you have the Ford tray mats, they clean up wonderfully Use some sort of vinyl/rubber conditioner afterward, they look almost new. Nice having some sixties degree weather in late Jan and early Feb. to do car stuff. My Oil change is only a couple days away.
Yup I got used to the ped warning.
Not a bad idea actually.
I love how protected and isolated the engine is. Unfortunately I got mine in the midst of the snow storms but the engine compartment is still spotless...
I guess I'm going to go with a Baldwin filter B7491 I believe and maybe get rid of some 0w20 Magnatec left over from my cmax
Same Baldwin I cut this week.
Interchanges with fl910s

I got to spend about 4 hours behind the wheel in a 2021 Ford Escape SE 1.5T driving my uncle to and from an appt. The 1.5T does a very convincing job of replicating a 2.5L N/A engine, but fuel economy can be outstanding. Under 70 MPH returned 39 MPG, making my CX-5 look thirsty at 30-34 depending on the wind. The seats were wildly uncomfortable. My entire body from my lower back down hurts like I ran a marathon. Very quiet interior. Lots of fun stuff to view in the gauge cluster display- AWD engagement, fuel economy, driver attentiveness, etc. nothing at all like my very basic calculator display on my CX-5. A ton of body roll, which was disappointing, and these are supposed to be one of the better driving/handling vehicles in the segment. Had as much confidence taking a left turn at 15 MPH as I would in my CX-5 going 35. Cool car, but the seats are a no-go for me.

I got to spend about 4 hours behind the wheel in a 2021 Ford Escape SE 1.5T driving my uncle to and from an appt. The 1.5T does a very convincing job of replicating a 2.5L N/A engine, but fuel economy can be outstanding. Under 70 MPH returned 39 MPG, making my CX-5 look thirsty at 30-34 depending on the wind. The seats were wildly uncomfortable. My entire body from my lower back down hurts like I ran a marathon. Very quiet interior. Lots of fun stuff to view in the gauge cluster display- AWD engagement, fuel economy, driver attentiveness, etc. nothing at all like my very basic calculator display on my CX-5. A ton of body roll, which was disappointing, and these are supposed to be one of the better driving/handling vehicles in the segment. Had as much confidence taking a left turn at 15 MPH as I would in my CX-5 going 35. Cool car, but the seats are a no-go for me.
The Maverick seats ain't so hot either. Ford and me don't get along seats wise.
On the twisties the maverick handles awesome...seriously so.
Rather surprising.
My Cmax seats were a torture chamber...the worst.

The Maverick seats ain't so hot either. Ford and me don't get along seats wise.
On the twisties the maverick handles awesome...seriously so.
Rather surprising.
My Cmax seats were a torture chamber...the worst.
The open road handling on fast sweepers is amazing for such a rudimentary rear suspension. Although the ride quality is quite acceptable. Steering right off center is quick and precise. Took a few months to not steer too much too quickly. Enjoy the subtle pleasures.

Back