leaving tool drawers open wears them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That tip over or walking into it are my main concerns - have had a nice Kennedy 3 piece for decades and the big drawers hold serious "lbs" .:: do need a bit of spray yearly or sooner

Originally Posted By: Trav
That's what I learned too. When you see a big box full of tools go over there will no question why you close the drawers and why you buy a box with locking drawers.

I've seen it happen. Tech who for some reason insisted on keeping the box on a big piece of wood and always had drawers open. The whole box took a header and tools went all over.

To help prevent flipping I've always kept the heaviest stuff in the very bottom drawer. I still wouldn't want to leave more than 1 drawer open at a time.

That theory also cost me a set of double slides as I opened the bottom drawer all the way to get something in the back of that drawer and when it was fully opened the slides bent.

I have always closed drawers* Not sure why, just always have
Years ago, guy working for me approached me out in the lot as I returned from a day of field service* He felt horrible* He had dented one of the drawers on my Snap On box badly* I went in and looked at it* It was the BIG bottom drawer in the left corner* He had it open and dropped a big adjustable wrench on it* He wanted to pay for it but I couldn't let him do that
Anyway, it was an anniversary box in a custom color with a big badge on it* It took Snap On a year to finally send me the right drawer in the right color with the right holes in it for the badge* And it was over 300 dollars
I could not believe how fragile that box was* Now, I REALLY take care not to damage it*

My apologies for the asterisks The period button on my computer stopped working

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back