Older Mac tool box friction slides. Replacements needed.

I am trying to replace several worn friction slides on a new to me five drawer Mac MB 517-4581 top box. I do not know the history of the box however it is in above average conditions overall and all but two the drawers work smoothly. It appears to be a 90s era box however Mac and Matco cannot find the model # in either of their systems. The box measures 26x13x16.5 inches approximately. It has four full length drawers with the top fifth drawer being three smaller drawers. The slides measures 11 and 3/4 by 1 and 1/18 by 3/8 inches. There are no markings or numbers on the slides and they all appear to be identical. The 90s era MB-516 looks very similar (6 drawers) to the MB-517 based on measurements and pictures online however the Mac rep said no parts are available for the MB-516 boxes either.

The slide has been thoroughly cleaned along with the tracks on the drawers and lubed (dry lube). I also swapped the slides side to side to see if that helped however the drawers remain difficult to open. I have some Door Ease ordered however I suspect the slides are simply worn out from use.

I did some reading online that suggested Waterloo might have used similar slides in their boxes. I called Waterloo Customer Service (800-833-8851) and found out they are not able to cross reference a slide by the dimensions. I also sent an email to Accuride to see if they sell replacements friction slides that might fit as well and I am still waiting on a response.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and/or guidance.

IMG_0342.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG
are simply

I did some reading online that suggested Waterloo might have used similar slides in their boxes. I called Waterloo Customer Service (800-833-8851) and found out they are not able to cross reference a slide by the dimensions.

Any suggestions and/or guidance would be appreciated.

Back