Tekton tools

I know Tekton is one of the more popular Chinazon names, but I'm not trusting of them yet. My 'middle ground' is Husky and Cobalt. They are not the middle ground of 20 years ago of course. I was sold on Armstrong but they went under. I will consider Williams if I need something better than the box store brands.

Capri looks to be a pretty good middle choice, but have no experience yet.
Most of the Tekton stuff is made in Taiwan not China, decent stuff for the money.

Sam_Julier

$50 Site Donor 2023
I know Tekton is one of the more popular Chinazon names, but I'm not trusting of them yet. My 'middle ground' is Husky and Cobalt. They are not the middle ground of 20 years ago of course. I was sold on Armstrong but they went under. I will consider Williams if I need something better than the box store brands.

Capri looks to be a pretty good middle choice, but have no experience yet.
Tekton states that 2% of their tools are made in China.

I have purchased a small amount of Tekton tools, and equate them as stated previously in this thread to a Craftsman level quality tool. They seem to be good for the DIY'er. I did get an extension set in 1/4" drive and one was just ever so slightly oversized and wouldn't fit into a socket. Got in touch with them and a new one was at my door quick. So as others have said, warranty and customer service seems to be great.

My only experience is with their micro driver set - it was more than enough to take apart many laptops, phones and ECUs - it even has most of the bits for an MacBook. I’d buy more of their tools.

May have been said, but those pry bars look like what’s sold at Walmart assuming they’re US made. Craftsman used to rebadge them and while I am no longer a fan, SK does as well.

I have sets with and without the strike caps. They’re awesome. Bought my dad a set too.

D60

TEKTON put to the test .

Yeah.....I watched that but just like a ratchet test there are soooo many variables.

Honestly I'll take low backdrag and something that feels comfortable to MY hands with mediocre strength over something the tests claim are best. I don't know how strong we think ratcheting mechanisms need to be, they're not for breaking frozen fasteners. And I don't much care about open end performance because I rarely use it and never on anything very tight.

As usual PF is ok for entertainment value but this "test" doesn't guide my purchasing decision AT ALL.

That's just me, maybe some find it a valuable buyer's guide.