Tekton tools

I know Tekton is one of the more popular Chinazon names, but I'm not trusting of them yet. My 'middle ground' is Husky and Cobalt. They are not the middle ground of 20 years ago of course. I was sold on Armstrong but they went under. I will consider Williams if I need something better than the box store brands.

Capri looks to be a pretty good middle choice, but have no experience yet.
Most of the Tekton stuff is made in Taiwan not China, decent stuff for the money.

I know Tekton is one of the more popular Chinazon names, but I'm not trusting of them yet. My 'middle ground' is Husky and Cobalt. They are not the middle ground of 20 years ago of course. I was sold on Armstrong but they went under. I will consider Williams if I need something better than the box store brands.

Tekton states that 2% of their tools are made in China.

I have purchased a small amount of Tekton tools, and equate them as stated previously in this thread to a Craftsman level quality tool. They seem to be good for the DIY'er. I did get an extension set in 1/4" drive and one was just ever so slightly oversized and wouldn't fit into a socket. Got in touch with them and a new one was at my door quick. So as others have said, warranty and customer service seems to be great.

May have been said, but those pry bars look like what’s sold at Walmart assuming they’re US made. Craftsman used to rebadge them and while I am no longer a fan, SK does as well.

I have sets with and without the strike caps. They’re awesome. Bought my dad a set too.

TEKTON put to the test .

Yeah.....I watched that but just like a ratchet test there are soooo many variables.

Honestly I'll take low backdrag and something that feels comfortable to MY hands with mediocre strength over something the tests claim are best. I don't know how strong we think ratcheting mechanisms need to be, they're not for breaking frozen fasteners. And I don't much care about open end performance because I rarely use it and never on anything very tight.

As usual PF is ok for entertainment value but this "test" doesn't guide my purchasing decision AT ALL.

That's just me, maybe some find it a valuable buyer's guide.

Thanks for your review!

I have a few Tekton tools and they have all been good, however there prices are double what they were a few years ago, and much more than Husky or Kobalt. For a shadetree like me I just buy those now. If I were making a living from them I would likely want something better than any of those.

For me, there more than I need to pay and not good enough to pay a premium - but still good tools.
Yeah their prices going up like they did kills me anytime I comment somewhere most guys usually say well they're still a good value!
( Yes but I say not as good as they were a few years ago though) 😡

I really like the Capri l have. Well made. Nice fit and finish, work well.
Their ratchets are nicely made.
albeit I only have a few, and don't use them everyday.

I have purchased a small amount of Tekton tools, and equate them as stated previously in this thread to a Craftsman level quality tool. They seem to be good for the DIY'er. I did get an extension set in 1/4" drive and one was just ever so slightly oversized and wouldn't fit into a socket. Got in touch with them and a new one was at my door quick. So as others have said, warranty and customer service seems to be great.
+1

May have been said, but those pry bars look like what’s sold at Walmart assuming they’re US made. Craftsman used to rebadge them and while I am no longer a fan, SK does as well.

I have sets with and without the strike caps. They’re awesome. Bought my dad a set too.
Those Walmart pry bars are nice. They're rebranded from one of the major companies.

I've had a good experience with Tekton. Have a torque wrench and universal socket adapters. Their warranty service is excellent.

Thanks for your review!

I have a few Tekton tools and they have all been good, however there prices are double what they were a few years ago, and much more than Husky or Kobalt. For a shadetree like me I just buy those now. If I were making a living from them I would likely want something better than any of those.

For me, there more than I need to pay and not good enough to pay a premium - but still good tools.
Yeah, It sucks Tekton had to raise their prices like they did.
I have some of Tekton's impact sockets, the long 48'' pry bar. and a 24" 1/2'' ratchet. They all seem good. I would agree Williams is a step above Tekton.

ls Tekton still selling ratchet wrenches? l thought they quit selling them?
Yes.

Sorry - a qualified "yes" - while I saw stock on their website, here is what they say in detail:

Future Ratcheting Wrench Availability​

Our product team is working hard to make a new, complete line of ratcheting wrenches and sets available—ideally within the year. In the meantime, we're clearing out our old ratcheting wrench stock.

Yes.

Sorry - a qualified "yes" - while I saw stock on their website, here is what they say in detail:

Future Ratcheting Wrench Availability​

Our product team is working hard to make a new, complete line of ratcheting wrenches and sets available—ideally within the year. In the meantime, we're clearing out our old ratcheting wrench stock.
I really hope they offer 12pt as an option

Back