New Tool Box

This would be the first new tool box purchase for me....Which sounds odd for long as I've wrenched on cars. Traded my KRL7022 & KRL1201 for $11,000 & threw down $2,500 cash on the balance for a KTL1023 in Dark Titanium with Gloss Black trim.

Haven't worked out of the 7022/1201 in 3-4 years because it had no work surface with the top box installed & the bottom box by itself was too small with it's Six 2" drawers. I really dislike the 2" tall drawers on Masters Series boxes!
I paid $3,000 in 2003 for the bottom box which probably had $8,000 worth of tools, Sold half of them on Ebay over a @2 year span for a little over $3,000.
Paid $2,000 for the top box in an attempt to make the box work for me, While all my tools fit in it.....Never really grew to like it. If the top box had a full width drawer across the bottom, I think I could have dealt with it.

With the $2,000 I paid for the KRL1201 & the $2,500 balance payment.......I got $4,500 in the KTL1023. Not to bad when Harbor Freight want's $3.799 for their 73" ICON box.

The Three 49" wide drawers are what I like most, Only has 5 of those stupid 2" tall drawers. Will probably replace the Two 2" drawers right under the Snap-on badge with a Single 4" drawer. And a Stainless Top is on order.

Business has been good & for the first time in my life......I'm making real money! Why not buy something I want for a change??

The KRL7022/KRL1201 I traded in & it loaded on the rape wagon ready for a new owner.....

0m5m6EQ.jpg

W43z33u.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Nothing wrong with rewarding yourself for running a successful business!!

That’s a great box, Clinebarger. Very nice.

Been organizing tools lately, just as a hobbyist, but while speeding up work flow and keeping tools at hand matters to me, it’s absolutely critical for you.

Money well spent!

Last edited:
Its funny how tastes differ when it comes to tool storage. I despise the drawer layouts on the new snapon boxes. I have a KRL761 which is your bottom minus the second full length drawer. The shallower drawers is one of the things I like about it. I also have a KRA4059 and a KRA 2055 on top of it. I dont keep much of the stuff in plastic cases in my toolbox other than stuff I use all the time. Its all about what works well for you

I have a KRL661 which is a KRL761 that's 4" taller (Extra 4" drawer in each bank). Snap-on discontinued the 600 series boxes which are the same (box) height as the 1000 series but only 24" deep vs 29"

The KRL7022 I traded is the same height as a KR761/KRL722, But is 29" deep vs 24". Couldn't really tell from the picture other than the spring loaded castors which the 700 series doesn't have.

You're absolutely right Tim......It's ALL about personal preference!

84usvJ1.jpg

Great box man I like that color it looks sleek and cool lol. I personally have found lots of uses for the smaller drawers but we all have individual needs so it’s whatever suits you best. I have the Harbor Freight boxes I am still young and I don’t make payments I pay for everything up front so until I have full cash money my Harbor Freight will work for me lol.

I'm glad to hear you don't want any tool truck debt! I have small revolving/truck accounts with my local Snap-on & Cornwell reps too keep them coming around. My Snap-on rep would show up anyway because the cash deals we make on a monthly basis.

Boxes don't make you/me/us money & would NEVER go into debt over one, And to tell the truth....I didn't need this box, Simply wanted it.

I'm glad to hear you don't want any tool truck debt! I have small revolving/truck accounts with my local Snap-on & Cornwell reps too keep them coming around. My Snap-on rep would show up anyway because the cash deals we make on a monthly basis.

Boxes don't make you/me/us money & would NEVER go into debt over one, And to tell the truth....I didn't need this box, Simply wanted it.
Nice kit right there, Chris ! Good to hear business is strong !

Yeah I mean there isn’t a reason for me to go in debt and I don’t want too. In case something ever happens. And right now I couldn’t make a payment anyway because of everything that is going on business has been so slow since March that I haven’t needed to buy anything for about 10 car average a day at the dealership which is disappointing I’m glad it hasn’t hurt you as much I didn’t think it would ever be this slow in the automotive industry we so far have only had one car today and it was an oil change so our new guy done it. But I am confident it will pick back up soon hopefully.

I remember when I first started I had decent stuff but nothing like the the Snap on box and vast assortment of tools some guys had, all mine were bought and paid for and I was making just as much as they were flat rate.
One guy wanted to get married but didn't know how he could afford it as he was so far under water with Snap on., he had over 12K worth (that is almost 50K today) in the late 70's all on the never never.

I remember when I first started I had decent stuff but nothing like the the Snap on box and vast assortment of tools some guys had, all mine were bought and paid for and I was making just as much as they were flat rate.
One guy wanted to get married but didn't know how he could afford it as he was so far under water with Snap on., he had over 12K worth (that is almost 50K today) in the late 70's all on the never never.
Wow I couldn’t get myself in debt like that I am also flat rate too I have bought a couple of tools from each truck one at a time so I could pay for them. I want one of the Snap-on boxes but I have got to save up for it but I am trying to find a good used one so I can buy it.

Back