Tool Chest Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious how others organize their chests, drawers.

I have the top drawer of my bottom cabinet used for pliers/dykes as i use those frequently.

I have a drawer for metric sockets in 1/4 3/8 and 1/2 drives. A small side drawer for ratchets.

Sae and metric wrenches in separate drawers.

Any rhyme or reason to how you organize a new chest?

Also on my old chest i used magnetic tags for what is where. Anyone use those or something different? Or do you just go from memory. I can imagine in a professional garage, you might not want to label drawers and make it easier/ faster for others to raid your box.

Any other suggestions on how you decide what goes in the upper box vs the lower cabinet?

Thanks!

IMG_20191110_211537890.jpg

Last edited:
I bought and stocked my tool chest in the 70's. I use something it goes right back into the chest when done and cleaned. I know where everything is from memory.

You kind of go with what works.

I have a SNapon 54 inch double bank bottom with 2 26 inch single bank top boxes. Both tops flip up. In the flip compartment of one are most of my 3/8 and 1/4 drive sockets so I dont have to open drawers. Other top has a power strip in it and I have 2 scan tools up there so they are always charged and I plug a laptop in up there. Everything else kind of went where it fit when I was laying out the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back