Tapmatic cutting wax for tool box slides?

JHZR2

Staff member
I have a few drawers out in my new to me Kennedy box. I figured I’d clean and lube them. The good news is they’re very clean and dry, and slide smooth.

The bad news is I don’t know what to use. I have silicone oil and motor oil. My understanding is that paraffin may be the right product to use, which I’m not sure that I have. I do have tapmatic cutting fluid that is like a wax until you touch it. It’s Octadecanol as I recall.

1ECF4679-724D-46CE-B861-B59798B14386.jpeg
9611B819-415A-4323-A695-19AC8253895D.jpeg

Thoughts on using this versus anything else? I’d rather not buy another product.

This is also in consideration along side just a tiny squirt of atf.

image.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
something that doesnt collect dirt..
like this for 2.39$

dont know enough about that cutting fluid to say.

I was told to use white lithium grease, but Accuride doesn’t specify:

My new slides from Snap-On had very little grease on them.

Last edited:

That looks like it’s for ball bearing slides

Accuride slides come with a clear (actually translucent) grease of some kind. I've always assumed Superlube, but could be totally wrong.

I do know that Superlube is a very low viscosity grease and seems to be well suited for a series of ball bearings that are in a straight line.

I used Door Ease on my new to Mac toolbox that had friction slides. Seems to be working well so far in a non climate controlled garage.

Don't overthink it . Most any lube , used SPARINGLY will suffice .
Sure. But I’ve heard oils and heard wax. Oils and greases can catch dirt that waxes may not. The garage this will be in does get somewhat dusty for whatever reason (the doors aren’t tightly sealed at the bottom, will fix that). So it would be nice to not attract dirt.

something that doesnt collect dirt..
like this for 2.39$

dont know enough about that cutting fluid to say.
This stuff is pretty hard to get onto the working surfaces.

9C309717-AFD4-400F-88E0-C4E74BCB1FEE.jpeg

I have a few drawers out in my new to me Kennedy box. I figured I’d clean and lube them. The good news is they’re very clean and dry, and slide smooth.

The bad news is I don’t know what to use. I have silicone oil and motor oil. My understanding is that paraffin may be the right product to use, which I’m not sure that I have. I do have tapmatic cutting fluid that is like a wax until you touch it. It’s Octadecanol as I recall.

View attachment 137630View attachment 137631

Thoughts on using this versus anything else? I’d rather not buy another product.

This is also in consideration along side just a tiny squirt of atf.

View attachment 137636
Thanks!
cuttung wax is no good. Ballistol would be good

Back