LEAKED: new dodge pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Anies
Reminds me of a Traverse/Outlook except the front end.

Same thought. Even reminds me some of the new Equinox.

I don't think it looks that bad.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Why do so many American cars (Chrysler Corp in particular)these days look like someone dropped a piano on their roofs?
37.gif

You're referring to the narrow, tiny windows? I hate those!

My brother was just here with his rental Dodge Avenger. It was claustrophobic inside; with the window open I couldn't comfortably lay my elbow on the sill (because it was so high) and if I did, the roofline was so low there was no place for my forearm. And the view from the backseat was terrible.

By contrast, the interior of the new Malibu is a delight.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: XS650
Why do so many American cars (Chrysler Corp in particular)these days look like someone dropped a piano on their roofs?
37.gif

With post trauma edema.
I'm 6'2" and that is usually a problem with most vehicles today.

So many I get into I bang by head and then my head leaves hairs on the ceiling because I'm so tall.

It's like they make it for 5'8" people and anyone else has to lean the seat back.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: rpn453
I like it. It's a pretty clean design. I don't like all the creases and fender bulges that are common on modern vehicles. The front end could use a little work but overall I prefer it to most SUVs I see on the road.

Looks better than some of the other useless CUV junk out there. At least it isnt a tacked on glorified Civic wagon or
Gremlin looking wagon or a box conficuration where the designers get lazy thinking it is modern LOL.

Looks like more a throwback to the 98-03 D's which is good in my opinion plus with hemi power and maybe an SRT version it could be interesting and actually be able to tow something.

I know the inerior should be really nice if it is like the new WK2, saw the new Grand over at local dealer, interior is really nice and fit and finish top notch. If the new Pheonix pentastar V6 is as good , they have a winner.

This photo was never intended to be released to the public. There are two types of engineering vehicles in the building: Bucks & Mules. A buck is a fixture that is mounted on a stationary platform used to test components. A mule is a running, rolling vehicle used for testing. What you see in that photo is a Mule - never intended for public viewing.

I don't know if it's necessarily ugly, but it's not unlike a few offerings that have an appearance that could be influenced by someone owning a pug or bull dog. The sheet metal isn't lean and sleek. It's on steroids.

That appears to me to be a photo taken inside an assembly plant judging by the numbers painted on the columns. Somebody is in a lot of trouble if they get caught! When we were introducing the new GMT900's ('07+ models) someone took a camera=phone photo of the Escalade that had not yet been released to the public yet. The guy bragged to somebody about the pic, got turned in and was fired. I was so surprised too as it was a UAW employee...GM tossed him and told the UAW "no negotiating that one".

But anyway - I'd have to see the truck in person to make a judgement. Sometimes things look better in person, but my first impression is that its not very good looking.

I like it. It's aggressive looking and a huge improvement over the current Durango which I always thought was one of the blandest and ugliest SUVs recently.

The new 4 Runner is ***** and now takes the crown.

Wheel wells are way too big. Remind me of the isuzu vehicross.

And I'm not cool of this bumper skin meeting fender seam by the headlights that a lot of the new junk is showing. Then you get another ugly seam where the fender meets the a-pillar.
37.gif

It looks like it is definitely on the same platform as the Grand Cherokee.

I suppose it's better than the current Durango, but it's still kind of bland. It's not something I'd be particularly interested in buying. It's probably a good rental to do neutral drops in and that's about it.

Originally Posted By: hinterlander
What you see in that photo is a Mule - never intended for public viewing.

At least mules don't reproduce.

the wheel wells will be filled with wheel/tire in production i'm sure, the wheels and tires pictured on this one are obviously not what it will be coming with, personally i think it will be a nice looking rig, this one is ugly as sin but it (like said previously) was'nt made to ever be seen, they are probably just running this one on a test track, or crashing it into a wall or something that doesn't require it to look good.

If it comes with even bigger tires it'll basically be a factory "dub" and will cost the consumer dearly when it's time to replace the 20 inchers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back