Lazy people and lipo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to vent. I had another one of my friends who is female go in for lipo for her stomach and most of the lower body. She was only 20lbs overweight. I didn't even know they would do lipo for people that look normal. Now she's addicted to the pain pills and can't work for 2 weeks. It just blows me away that people would rather kill their body, miss work, pay the money, the pain, and all the other bad things associated with it instead of dieting for a month or two. 20lbs is a small enough amount that she could easily put it back on in a couple months if not careful. Just venting, it really makes me mad.

So true.
11.gif

My wife is a Surgical RN and works with plastic Surgeons at work for one of her days.

It just makes her sick seeing the people who come in and get procedures that are un-necessarily if they would just accept facts and get off their duff.
06.gif

Lipo is a big $$$$$ maker. You get to have them come back for more.

Plus 95% of the biz is out of pocket paid up front.

Look at the Dr in FL and his cars, home and such. Plastic pays WELL.

Bill

I can understand reconstruction plastic surgery for people who are injured, burned, or have severe trauma that dramatically injures their bodies. But most people who get plastic surgery these days look better then the average schmoe/schmoette. I don't get it. Has to be the influence of pop culture and the desire, almost mission of young women to become "perfect" (the sad thing is, most guys I know like women who look natural and have a bit more "cushion"
grin2.gif
).

There's too many stories of plastic surgeons who are essentially slum used car salesmen, who do sloppy work and end up mutilating their patients. I've become a fatso, and plastic surgery is the last thing I'd do.

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
I just have to vent. I had another one of my friends who is female go in for lipo for her stomach and most of the lower body. She was only 20lbs overweight.

Once a fat body is established, it won't go away. Let me see if I can say this right. There are aprons of "chicken fat". This is not the skin layered "body fat". You can diet all you want and those resident bodies will remain until you look like a refugee. Your muscle mass will be consumed first.

After lipo, she can eat and gain weight all she wants, and will not get fat there.

It's fat sculpturing.

I knew a person that had the same thing done and a few weeks later downed 3 slices of pizza in a meeting. Didn't make sense to me either....

Lipo will not make you lose weight. Fat is (iirc) the lightest tissue in the body. It will make you look better. No out of balance "thunder thighs" ..no saddle bags ... If you gain weight, it will be somewhere else (most likely a more evenly distributed mass increase).

Oddly, there is just as much cosmetic implant surgery in sorta the same places. The last time my buddy and I went to a girly bar (an annual tradition), the feature act surely had "cheek" implants ..as well as the usual.

After all the weight I have lost and will lose I will get plastic surgery to cut off the acre of excess skin I have.

Addiction to narcotic pain medication is a big problem in this country. People are whuzzies and take a pill for anything. When your on that stuff, you build a tolerance to it, get addictted, then a safe dosage won't kill the pain anymore.

Originally Posted By: psiclone
After all the weight I have lost and will lose I will get plastic surgery to cut off the acre of excess skin I have.

With the major word in your sentence being AFTER.

IE you did the work
thumbsup2.gif
and BTW, very popular and successful operation. My wife has seen people with so much skin they have to do it in a few procedures.

Bill

A friend of mine used to be a BIG guy... Well he lost about 150 lbs. by watching his calories in a roundabout way and absolutely stopping drinking soft drinks. That was difficult for him as he could kill a case in a day. Well, you should have seen the skin. It was wild, he looked like batman. Apparently it goes away with time, at least that's what he's hoping.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
A friend of mine used to be a BIG guy... Well he lost about 150 lbs. by watching his calories in a roundabout way and absolutely stopping drinking soft drinks. That was difficult for him as he could kill a case in a day. Well, you should have seen the skin. It was wild, he looked like batman. Apparently it goes away with time, at least that's what he's hoping.
That is a load of calories.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

There's too many stories of plastic surgeons who are essentially slum used car salesmen, who do sloppy work and end up mutilating their patients. I've become a fatso, and plastic surgery is the last thing I'd do.

micheal_jackson3.jpg

Planet-Of-The-Apes-7391772566027-04.jpg

there was a show ont he other night about a 20 year old with , well, small, but well endowed bosom if you get my drift - any man would agree. perfectly natural and nothing wrong with it. for some reason she felt she needed implants, and the show was about her getting it. afterwards, my wife and i really gagged at the end result - how damaged the natural beauty had become - skin stretched, unevenness etc... hey, isn't vanity a deadly sin?

A roommate of mine had stomach lipo done a while back. She was thin to begin with...post op, she ate a half-gallon of ice cream every day and otherwise just ate like a pig.

Within 6 months, she was quite a bit larger than she was before the surgery.

I just don't understand people.

Quote:
Within 6 months, she was quite a bit larger than she was before the surgery.

Yes, but she was probably more proportional. Women are under a bit more stress about matters of vanity. The skinniest and most wimpy guy tends to get better looking as he ages. Women typically do not. A shapely woman is usually shapely due to body fat. If you don't want to go the implant route, then lipo would allow you to sustain the body fat, and it's side effects, without the unsightly aspects being apparent.

Again, lipo is not a substitute for weight loss through diet. It's all about body sculpting to remove "deposits".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back