Last Crown Vic Retired from CHP

I sell fleet products to that Sacramento facility. They have a sales yard in front and the Crowns have been being sold off for years now. As much as I want one, they are pretty **** beat up, but some taxi company will take them and run them for 100,000 more miles with the check engine light on the whole time!

They'll end up as taxis, with some bought from states where cars rust.

New York tried to stockpile them, but the stockpile was destroyed by Sandy

I'm always happy to see Crown Vic cop cars get retired. Hopefully all the punks out there driving second hand interceptor models decked out as a fake cop car will no longer be able to slow traffic down to get their jollies.

I see a CV police car maybe once per year around here, so few that I have zero reservations about speeding around them. Just a few years ago if you saw a CV you had to read the license plate to determine if they were safe to pass!

We've got one now with 340,000 + miles on the original engine and transmission.The body is slowly getting overcome with rust and so is the frame.

I nominate CKN to coordinate the official BITOG memorial for this momentous occasion.

As you can see in my sig, I'm not a big ford fan. I think most Ford's are junk. But I sure did love me some police crown vic's. Have owned 9 total 😎 (y)

2006-2011 are the best ones better suspension, Bigger wheels, Tachometer

Regret having to sell my Silver metallic 2009 Police Special Appearance package with only 124K miles and 1800 idle hours. But COVID crisis hit $$$ my business $$$ back in April and had to let her go :cry::cry:

My needs, Job and lifestyle have me in the SUV, Pickup category. But if I ever find a nice police clean vic again im gonna SNATCH IT UP and keep it for good. Luckily I have a good friend who works for OKCPD and get "Heads up" on the good cars lol ;)

1599104075669.png

1599104096907.png

It's getting tougher to find Vics and Marquis that aren't all torn up, or big wheels and weird paint jobs on them down here.

I sold my cherry 08 Marquis GS for quite a premium when I moved to Texas.

I'm not sure if people have an appetite for a car that gets 14 mpg on average. Mine even had 273 gear ratio i believe.

As my commute gets longer, I'd like to get another one. They were great cars to drive on trips to South Padre, El Paso, New Orleans. 6-8 hour trips were a piece of cake sitting on a couch.

Do the retired (decommissioned) police cars have fiberglass rear seats?

I delivered voting materials to the county seat in a police car which had the hard back seat.

A sad day indeed. I grew up about 45 minutes away from the factory that built this car in Talbotville Ontario Canada. It was huge blow to the community when the Crown Vic died a slow and painful death. A good reminder to all of us to never stop innovating or the free market will leave you behind.

Do the retired (decommissioned) police cars have fiberglass rear seats?

I delivered voting materials to the county seat in a police car which had the hard back seat.
Some do have or had the bus seat.
Mine came with a grey cloth, matches the fronts, looks like nobody ever sat in it.

Kansas City still has quite a few in service, but they are getting tired. Tried a few Chargers, but that was not a happy union, have mostly bought the Explorer police packages since.

Back