Showing off my Crown Vic

RAR

The CVPI in my signature was purchased 4 years ago for all of $600 from a kid who had no idea how to fix the noisy differential.

I put in a salvage yard 3.27 limited slip and undid his “upgrades”.

It sits most of the time, but I’m reviving it for use this week. Someone needs a car and is willing to buy this one if the price is right. It should be. The car is solid, and I discovered while working on it that the engine is a Ford replacement. Not known when that was put in, but the car is an excellent runner with no issues… definitely not an oil burner given the 207k it has.

It‘s going to be gone soon I hope. I don’t need this one. 😎

Bird's_Garage

What I have to ask, is do these police departments really need full size trucks and SUVs? Sure some of them, but what good does one do in the city that a Charger cannot do? I remember back in the mid to late 2000's police departments where I lived were switching to Chevy Impalas left and right when gas was getting very close to $4.00 a gallon. I feel like my tax dollars would be better spent on something more economical (and likely faster in pursuit) than a loaded-to-the-gills Explorer or Tahoe. That's all I see around here is SUVs. If large sedans worked as well as they did back in the day, what has changed, other than higher taxes and perhaps better economic conditions?
In my county, yes, the trucks are needed. There's more dirt roads than pavement. Most of the dirt roads aren't maintained as well as needed, so they get really bad in wet weather.

Reactions: RAR
The CVPI in my signature was purchased 4 years ago for all of $600 from a kid who had no idea how to fix the noisy differential.

I put in a salvage yard 3.27 limited slip and undid his “upgrades”.

It sits most of the time, but I’m reviving it for use this week. Someone needs a car and is willing to buy this one if the price is right. It should be. The car is solid, and I discovered while working on it that the engine is a Ford replacement. Not known when that was put in, but the car is an excellent runner with no issues… definitely not an oil burner given the 207k it has.

It‘s going to be gone soon I hope. I don’t need this one. 😎

If it's an actual cop car that saw service, it's probably a remanufactured transmission too.

RAR

If it's an actual cop car that saw service, it's probably a remanufactured transmission too.
Even better! 😄

Yes, it was in service in Bloomington MN or somewhere near there. The car is mechanically sound. I wouldn’t worry about using it. I’d hang onto it, but no one in my immediate family needs it.

Again, someone is going to get a solid ride. 👌

RAR

In my county, yes, the trucks are needed. There's more dirt roads than pavement. Most of the dirt roads aren't maintained as well as needed, so they get really bad in wet weather.
Same up here.

Northern Minnesota where it’s heavy snow that’s going to start melting next week (if the weather forecast is to be believed), combined with many dirt and gravel roads. A mess.

I love my Charger, but it will sit if my road is mud. I’ll put the new Wrangler to use then. 😎

Our county sheriff uses Explorers, but has a number of F150s outfitted for police work, fully marked. They are often seen pulling snowmobiles in Winter and boats in the Summer. Enforcement of the law occurs on many motorized machines up here. 🙂