Labor force participation rate as high as ever for prime age workers

My daughter will graduate next May with a Bachelor's in Resp Therapy and hopefully certified in GA and AL. With that, she should be starting somewhere around the $30-38/hour mark. She won't have a car payment or student loans either.

$80k/year won't be enough to buy a home near where she wants to work, either. She doesn't need to buy a home yet, either. She will be able to afford a nice apartment, pay her own bills (Hail yeuuuuah!! ), save money, etc.

Hopefully she is at the $50/hour rate in a few years and then able to look at permanent housing/etc.

Traveling RTs can make big $$$$.

I met a NICU RT traveler making $12K a month plus stipends, that was here in Florida.

Some young folks don’t mind traveling and seeing the country.

I have a friend that their daughter right out of nursing school will start @ $39 an hour.
Not bad for a 22 year old still living with her parents and zero student loans / car payment.

Lots of adults (late 20’s) still living at home with parents cause they can’t afford to buy a home.

She will get plenty of overtime too as that profession is woefully understaffed. This will be a great opportunity to save up money while saving on rent and such.

Back