Kia Telluride

harbor

Site Donor 2024
Daughter planning to get a Telluride. Any current/prior owners on the forum with first hand experience on the good, bad & ugly?
Since she’s already decided on this SUV, we’re not looking for input on other vehicles. Thanks.

We considered a Telluride recently but passed on it. Its a fine, fine vehicle but overpriced. Interestingly, I saw on TV later that some dealers are wanting over sticker pricing. In the economy of today, thats just absurd. If you can find a bargain one one though, it would be a great choice. The Telluride quality ratings are excellent.

We considered a Telluride recently but passed on it. Its a fine, fine vehicle but overpriced. Interestingly, I saw on TV later that some dealers are wanting over sticker pricing. In the economy of today, thats just absurd. If you can find a bargain one one though, it would be a great choice. The Telluride quality ratings are excellent.

Supply and demand. They're selling them for over sticker. It's the hot vehicle right now.

Don’t do it. I’m surprised no one has mentioned the big recall about the smell they make and it happens to all of them so they are trying to figure it out same with the Palisade. I would never buy a Kia anyway they have just proven to be too unreliable especially the new ones. Get something more reliable like a Ford or Toyota.

My aunt wants one, we took one for a test drive and it's incredible inside and out. Comfortable with tons of tech. But dealers here are wanting $5k over MSRP.

Don’t do it. I’m surprised no one has mentioned the big recall about the smell they make and it happens to all of them so they are trying to figure it out same with the Palisade. I would never buy a Kia anyway they have just proven to be too unreliable especially the new ones. Get something more reliable like a Ford or Toyota.
You crack me up. This Hyundai/Kia unreliability nonsense is literally just that, nonsense. People have to quit living in the past. This isn't 15+ years ago when they made dumpsters on wheels. Yes they've had a couple bad engines, but they're really taking care of customers on that. You mention Ford, which has screwed over every one of those Focus/Fiesta owners with the constant bad transmissions.

My aunt wants one, we took one for a test drive and it's incredible inside and out. Comfortable with tons of tech. But dealers here are wanting $5k over MSRP.

You crack me up. This Hyundai/Kia unreliability nonsense is literally just that, nonsense. People have to quit living in the past. This isn't 15+ years ago when they made dumpsters on wheels. Yes they've had a couple bad engines, but they're really taking care of customers on that. You mention Ford, which has screwed over every one of those Focus/Fiesta owners with the constant bad transmissions.
I’m just speaking from experience my teacher that I had in automotive for school was a Hyundai- Kia mechanic for 30+ years and you couldn’t pay him to own one. And based on my Grandmas experience with Kia absolutely not happening again in this family I have done more work to that thing than any other vehicle. I have had great luck with Ford and Toyota. Just google the Palisade and Telluride smell recall I find it funny myself and the reliability is ehh at best. I’m just speaking from personal experience you may have a different experience and that’s fine but if it was me I would not be buying it.

Daughter planning to get a Telluride. Any current/prior owners on the forum with first hand experience on the good, bad & ugly?
Since she’s already decided on this SUV, we’re not looking for input on other vehicles. Thanks.
If she likes the Telluride, make sure she tries out it’s cousin, the Hyundai Palisade. The Palisade has better headlamps.

I’m just speaking from experience my teacher that I had in automotive for school was a Hyundai- Kia mechanic for 30+ years and you couldn’t pay him to own one. And based on my Grandmas experience with Kia absolutely not happening again in this family I have done more work to that thing than any other vehicle. I have had great luck with Ford and Toyota. Just google the Palisade and Telluride smell recall I find it funny myself and the reliability is ehh at best. I’m just speaking from personal experience you may have a different experience and that’s fine but if it was me I would not be buying it.

So if he was a H/K mechanic for 30 years-and retired to move on to teaching-he was working on the old Excells and Accents then. Nothing new in the last ten years.

Your comments are baseless- as are most negative comments from non-owners.

So if he was a H/K mechanic for 30 years-and retired to move on to teaching-he was working on the old Excells and Accents then. Nothing new in the last ten years.

Your comments are baseless- as are most negative comments from non-owners.
Well I have worked on several. Just read your reviews not very many positive online. I have plenty of base in my reviews.

She'll be kicked in the pants at trade in time, waste countless hours at the service center, talk her into outfitting a nice Sequoia like a father would.

I'm an owner dude( 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited XL-AWD)-and none what you say is true. They are reliable-and I have checked KBB trade in values-and the difference at trade in time is no where near the difference of what the difference is when you buy new. I saved $5,000.00 dollars over the Toyo/Honda and there is not a $5,000.00 difference at trade in time.

Your vehicle is 14 years old-so obviously trade in values are not your priority.

Meh, part of the appealing thing regarding Hyundai/Kia is they can often be purchased with steep discounts. The discount is what persuaded me to buy a Hyundai on my last purchase. I personally wouldn’t purchase another Hyundai if I was paying full price. I do think the competition is better honestly. I’ve often heard other Hyundai owners say their car feels 95% developed and I couldn’t agree more. There are a lot of things that feel like Hyundai straight up either doesn’t know how to design properly, or they are just trying to keep the costs down. Either way, everyone should buy what they want.

Well I have worked on several. Just read your reviews not very many positive online. I have plenty of base in my

Between my wife and I, we havd had 2010 Kia Soul's, 2012 Optima Hybrid, 2018 Soul and now 2020 Stinger. All have been great to drive. Only issues have been a leaky gas tank on 2010 Soul, and some suspension work on my 2012 Optima Hybrid. Both issues occurred 8 yrs into ownership. Both covered under Extended Warranty

Back