July 2023 Auto Sales

Here is a snapshot of 2022 from California.

919EF4F4-EE6F-413F-B7DD-CB139A49BB58.jpeg

Once again, percentage wise, the EV’s are being sold mostly in California.

They talked about E. & W. coast are buying most of the EVs and automakers and dealers are sending the EVs from mid US to the coasts.

also something about F-150 lightening not having a good range in cold weather and one dealer saying people are trading them back with the regular F-150 gas models.

They talked about hybrids gaining popularity and iirc, first time that their % sale was higher than EVs. Both still very low relative to ICE but hybrids gaining momentum.

I'm not an EV person yet but don't mind a hybrid. If I get a 15 years battery warranty, I may consider one. Their prices are not crazy like EVs.

I’m shocked that hybrids don’t make up a larger portion of sales.

A helpful hint in reading these stats is knowing that hybrids are internal combustion vehicles. They run on gas, period.
Yes-but they run on a gallon of gas a longer distance....that's why you have to wait months for them...period.

A helpful hint in reading these stats is knowing that hybrids are internal combustion vehicles. They run on gas, period.
Not necessarily; for example, the BMW PHEVs can run on the electric motor alone for some distance. When I worked at BMW a salesperson was leasing a 330e for his wife she drove to work on the electric motor and drove home on the IC motor. She averaged 75 mpg.

Not necessarily; for example, the BMW PHEVs can run on the electric motor alone for some distance. When I worked at BMW a salesperson was leasing a 330e for his wife she drove to work on the electric motor and drove home on the IC motor. She averaged 75 mpg.
If the vehicle plugs into the grid, then that can be true -- ie. plug in hybrids. If the energy goes in through the gas tank, it is irrelevant that the car runs on batteries for a while. Hybrids are, on the main, gasoline vehicles.

From CNBC Financial News:

82.7% ICE
8.8% Hybrids
8.5% EV :alien:

If you are hoarding bunch of engine oil, relax, don't worry, it will get used.

Looks like "Thin vs. Thick" threads will be here for a VERY long time! :ROFLMAO:
There supposedly is a slow down of ev sales on the horizon as many of the early adopters have purchased one.

Back