Is Kirkland Signature 0w20 a super high quality full synthetic oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

Is Kirkland Signature 0w20 a super high quality full synthetic oil?

Attachments

• kirkland.jpg
    kirkland.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 294
IDK if it's "Super" High Quality, but it seems equivalent to Super Tech Full Synthetic, so I'd say it's at the least a respectable full synthetic oil. And priced right, for value.

PF compared the two. If you don't like his homemade "tests" (I know some/many don't), just skip to the VOA&UOA results at 9:16.

Last edited:
Or just go with the label which shows it is both API and dexos licensed.
Yep, one could do that. However, my point as noted was a 'direct comparison' of the two oils mentioned in yt. I'd say the VOA and UOA more illuminating than licenses when is come to comparing the two oils. And even if one hates PF and his "testing", he's not the one conducting the VOA/UOA.

If you don’t get your feels hurt I do t think project farm is that bad. Is it scientific? No. Does he come up with entertaining tests, you bet.
Dude's a NASA rocket scientist compared to most of the crap out there on YouTube.

EDIT: and I'm not saying that in a facetious way. I like his tests and methodology. It's an extremely nice departure from the knuckle-dragging geniuses declaring "Cardboard endcaps? They'll ruin your engine!!" after prying open an orange can with a framing hammer.

Last edited:
If you don’t get your feels hurt I do t think project farm is that bad. Is it scientific? No. Does he come up with entertaining tests, you bet.
It doesn’t hurt my “feels” at all. Entertaining is useless when comparing qualities of oil.

The reason why I was asking is that I have the opportunity to buy this exact 5qt jug for under $10

I would consider super high quality to be stuff like Euro spec oils, EP stuff, and expensive stuff like redline/amsoil. Will your car notice a difference? Probably not enough to notice for the average driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back