Insurance companies refusing polices for Hyundai and Kia vehicles in some areas

My niece had somebody attempt to steal her KIA . Broken window , broken column and ignition switch . Took over a month to get it fixed .

Insurance companies ( auto and home) are nothing but crooks and are only happy collecting your premiums and trying to weasle out of paying any claims.
Not a defense of insurance companies, but in this case they aren't collecting premiums either. In the case of these vehicles, I don't blame them at all. It's no different than if I were in the market for a used car, any of Hyundai or Kia models would be off my list for this theft reason alone.

There already is a law making stealing these Hyundais and Kias illegal. It's called grand theft auto.
It’s obviously not working, we need to do more…

I’m being fictitious, of course because I still remember the catalytic converter theft discussion and how new laws are needed to prevent their theft.

I was watching this video and was shocked. San Francisco is the car break in capital now. 73 a day reported - i presume some not reported? People are resorting to leaving their doors and windows open.

Video starts at correct spot:

I can’t blame them. Insurance is supposed to be for random acts. These Kia/Hyundai thefts are such a problem in many cities that the risk can’t be managed. I wouldn’t insure property in Florida either if I were an underwriter at an insurance company.

There already is a law making stealing these Hyundais and Kias illegal. It's called grand theft auto.
tumblr_pkg3o4SpOP1qhwckoo1_540.gif

We should pass a law to make stealing these Hyundais and Kias illegal by etching an extra VIN on them. If it works on catalytic converters, is will also work in this case.
Have plenty of laws already.
Need to start enforcing them and put the thugs behind bars.
I live near one of the areas mentioned in the article.
The cops catch the punks, and they are out on the streets again by the end of business that day.
Too much thug huggin' going on.

It’s obviously not working, we need to do more…

I’m being fictitious, of course because I still remember the catalytic converter theft discussion and how new laws are needed to prevent their theft.
2022 is not released yet, but South Carolina Auto Theft was down in 2021.

1674670771930.png

Not a defense of insurance companies, but in this case they aren't collecting premiums either. In the case of these vehicles, I don't blame them at all. It's no different than if I were in the market for a used car, any of Hyundai or Kia models would be off my list for this theft reason alone.
At some level, I can't really blame them either.
Why keep doing stupid over and over?
I saw a local news piece on a guy who had a Kia stolen.
He replaced that with another Kia. That was ripped off.
The third time, he bought a Hyundai. Someone tried to steal that, and was spooked in the process.
Did a nice piece of damage on that one.
Perhaps the selection of another marque might have been a prudent move for him, for a start.

Hyundai/Kia should start selling/including insurance with their cars. If it's a good bit cheaper than current insurance company rates, it would help sell more cars. Frankly, I don't understand why all automakers aren't in the auto insurance game as an add-on to the sale. Build it into the monthly payment and at a lower rate than Allstate, State Farm, Liberty, etc. and it's win win for all parties.

Kia Boyz be wylin 😳
This is all Hyundai and Kia's fault, they cheaped out on something that's gonna burn them for years to come

I've still yet to see the proposed software fix for some models, or the TSB dealer installed Crimestopper alarm that's supposed to fix this

At this point, the cheapest and easiest way to protect your car would be install a remote start kit, that includes a starter kill when locked/unlocked

It's double protection on my Camry, that has factory immobilization, plus the Viper unit killing the starter if you don't unlock with the remote

Back