I'm tired of hearing about Auto-Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I like to run clean longer. 1,500 miles isn't enough if you have a reasonably clean engine IMO.

Agreed. I ran it for 3000 miles on my 3rd clean phase. But if someone knows he has a reasonably clean engine, why would he run it to begin with ? You can't clean a clean engine.

Quote:

i tried it in my car and didnt see a vifference in the compression or the varnish on the head, so i got my money back.
but that was after frank promised me free autorx if i told everyone it was good.

Really ? That was the deal ?

I’ve got ARX in the tranny and oil. The mileage is the same, and the same clunk is going on in the tranny. The same 1st and 2nd gear sticking. The oil is gonna be coming out soon, and I may dump the rest of my LC20 into the engine and run a quick OCI. Nothing has been removed from what I can see. I can remove ____ off of the cam with a finger nail. Car burns enough oil still that the PCV valve should be getting cleaned up. I did notice a little difference for about 1 day after the tranny add, but that has gone away. I will try to find out about the oil and filter this or next weekend. I have 3 more bottles of ARX and I may do another phase, because I don’t know how to get ARX back to the states safely.

Merkava, if your tired of hearing about AutoRX, then don't click on an Autorx or ARX thread, it's that simple bud. I cannot help it that it absolutely saved me from rebuilding my transmission. What, should I lie and say it didn't, lol? Same thing with two old engines, it clearly worked the same on both engines cleaning sludge from the engine. Funny thing was the characteristics were identical on these two older motors. There were very small ash like specs on the dipstick on both were there weren't before, and the oil was pitch black after 400 miles but not before 100 miles in the clean phase. After both rinse phases the vehicles hold their amber oil color longer than before the Autorx treatment, by a lot!

Back to the tranny, I just left it in for over 5k because I've been too busy to change it. The tranny which was hard shifting and sticking was working as if it was new for 5k miles until I sold it. I have no doubt that some people don't see a difference, but a cleaner isn't always needed. I have a hard time believing it hasn't helped any engine that needed cleaning, with the exception of those engines that may have bad oil flow. Bottom line, Autorx worked for me. I am sad that some of the tactics of shills attacking Autorx have been proving. People working for other "said" additives have been proving to attack autorx. I guess if I was Frank I would be flattered that I invented something that is that much of a threat, lol. Autorx benefits any aging motor, too many tests have proving this. I can't wait to try it on another aging motor to see if it does the same as the other two.

Shaman,
A "clunk" sounds like a metal problem, don't know if ARX will change that. I would encourage you to add more in case you haven't just in case it may help. My first treatment in the tranny did nothing, I added a few more ounces and it cured the sticking and hard shifting.

Even a synic (no offense) admits it has an effect on his tranny.
Quote:

Nothing yet to report with the engine, but the transmission has smoothened out some

FYI Hype-
1. Intensive, exaggerated or artificially induced excitement about, or enthusiasm for, something or someone.
2. Exaggerated and usually misleading publicity or advertising; a sales gimmick.
3. A publicity stunt, or the person or thing promoted by such a stunt.
4. A deception.

People, if what people are saying is TRUE, than it's not hype. Maybe it is over promoted or talked about with Vigor, but it's not artificially induced testimonies, I paid good money to give this stuff a try. Trust me I am very happy I found this stuff because of the results I've gotten. If you were saved 3200 dollars on a rebuild for a 20 dollar bottle of something, you'd be happy as a pig in slop too. I'll share my first ARX experience if any is interested, I'm sure Merk isn't
grin.gif
, and yes I've learned a lot from my mistakes back then and my second cleaning phases went by the book.
http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/s...true#Post305573

Last edited:
Quote:

Shaman,
A "clunk" sounds like a metal problem, don't know if ARX will change that. I would encourage you to add more in case you haven't just in case it may help. My first treatment in the tranny did nothing, I added a few more ounces and it cured the sticking and hard shifting.

I had 3 oz. in because the tranny and fluid amount is so small, then last week I put another 3 oz. in it because Frank said 6 no matter what. The clunk is only when cold, and only does it once. I don't know what else to call it. The hard shifting occurs only after a highway speed jaunt for a few kilometers, and almost makes me think that there isn't enough fluid getting to the lower gears.

I heard the hype ad nauseum and had a 99 Saturn that, with 50,000 miles started drinking oil to the tune of a quart every 500 miles or so...

after a wash/rinse treatment the car only used a quart of oil every oh, 500 miles or so...

No...one failed case is NOT a death mark for it...just as one or two positive results shouldnt make it a cult treatment...

While i too wonder about the start of the thread and the word "completely", for all the people that brag constantly about it, i havent SEEN ANY PICTURES of before and after that showed a marked difference...

just imho, ymmv
darrell
sin city

Auto-Rx did not increase MPG in the four cars I have tested it in. However, two of them got a smother idling, and in one it stopped an oil leak I have tried to repair 3 times at the dealer. Friends of mine testing Auto-Rx have experienced MPG-increase in the area of 10%. I know it works, especially if you have been using mineral oil in your car.

You had better fix what ever is causeing the sludge. Since it is a GM 60°V6 I am going to guess that the intake gaskets or head gaskets are leaking coolant into the engine! If this is true and it minght not be in your mom's case then nothing will take care of that sludge. You can not remove it if itis buildingup faster then it can be removed!

I wonder if a kerosenes flush would do the same thing ?

I mean run the engine and before it got too hot just do a drain and refill ?

In my 97 Olds van with 125,000 miles on it Auto-Rx completely (and I mean COMPLETELY) eliminated the transmission converter shudder that had started. By the second rinse it was gone and has not returned. Just turned 160,000 miles.

Quote:

i havent SEEN ANY PICTURES of before and after that showed a marked difference...

I've seen a couple of before and after pictures that still had a noticeable amount of varnish, but the people were still happy with the results.
dunno.gif

how about someone gets a old sludgey/varnishy valve cover and then get some 1 inch lab filter papers then spread out the filter papers on the sludgey valve cover equal distance then place a few drops of a 10/30 PCMO on 1 filter paper which the paper will hold the oil onto the sludgey valve cover without it running off and then use the same oil with say 2, 3, and 5% bye volume of ARX on the other filter papers and put in oven at 200F for a few months and see how much if any sludge/varnish is solubilized.
bruce

i am currently going through auto rx clean cycle....1000 miles, supertech is golden yello..website claimed oil would turn black,etc. etc. gas mileage didn't increase, guys i called sort of sounded like they didn't want my business but thats OK since the shipping was very fast..but hey 20 bones for a 12 oz bottle it better be.
I'm dissapointed, i really hope it did something i can't see because i felt like i wasted my $$$.

Can i just skip the 'rinse' phase do a 44k engine flush and go to redline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back