2024 Lexus RX350 UOA - 878mi / PUP 0W-20

I have my second oil change on a brand new Lexus 350 RX. If you are following along, here's the previous thread:
BITOG Post #1 See current results below:
1711754393116.jpg

One issue I noticed is the product information should be Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20. Sample 1 was Factory fill. Sample 2 was Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. I had thought Moly was much higher in PUP which I was surprised to see this at such a low level comparably speaking. Nice to see the silicon coming way down as well as the Fuel Dilution. When I changed the oil I did notice a heavy fuel smell so I expected my Dilution to be a bit higher. Comments always welcome.

Let me get ahead of some of them from the OG post. Yes I know I did an oil change on a brand new engine at 750 miles and again at 1600. Yes I know this may be overkill but I am interested in the progress and it's not terribly expensive to obtain these reports. Yes my original plan is to change the oil every 3k miles so my next change will come at the 3k mark and then every 3k thereafter. Overkill, of course, but with a turbocharged engine and an oil change averaging shy of $40/each + oil analysis report, I am fine with justifying the cost. My annual usage will likely be about 8k miles so this would be 2 oil changes a year roughly.

Oh...and Lake Speed..if you are checking in...this is all because of you. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah, it's come way down in short time. Nice!
How's the RX350 so far?
I really like it. My last car was a 2009 Nissan Altima which I bought brand new and drove for almost 200k miles. This things is great! Huge upgrade and huge confidence booster

I really like it. My last car was a 2009 Nissan Altima which I bought brand new and drove for almost 200k miles. This things is great! Huge upgrade and huge confidence booster
Yeah, that sounds like quite an upgrade. Was the Altima a V6?
The Toyota oil from the previous sample looks good but this PP seemed to have slightly higher viscosity but they're pretty close.

Yeah, that sounds like quite an upgrade. Was the Altima a V6?
The Toyota oil from the previous sample looks good but this PP seemed to have slightly higher viscosity but they're pretty close.
It was a 4-banger Nissan. While the Lexus is a 4 cylinder as well, it certainly feels like a huge engine upgrade!

It was a 4-banger Nissan. While the Lexus is a 4 cylinder as well, it certainly feels like a huge engine upgrade!
I'm all for it. Cheaper to maintain, cheaper to run, & 200k miles one can't complain about that. Perhaps you'll shoot for 300k out of this Lexus. :cool:

I'm all for it. Cheaper to maintain, cheaper to run, & 200k miles one can't complain about that. Perhaps you'll shoot for 300k out of this Lexus. :cool:
For sure. I know much more about vehicles than I did in 2008 when I got that car. The Transmission is what caused the EoL for that thing (sold it to a junk yard). If only I knew what I know now, I could have been better about preventative care!

Question for the group - Oil Analyzers Inc reports don't have a specific "Antifreeze" line item; however, I am curious...is there a way to tell from the report whether there is antifreeze/coolant in the oil? Would it be a larger "Water %". I have another vehicle where I am trying to figure out a coolant issue and wanted to know if I can use these reports to help? I know the Blackstone reports have a designated antifreeze line item.

Thanks

Question for the group - Oil Analyzers Inc reports don't have a specific "Antifreeze" line item; however, I am curious...is there a way to tell from the report whether there is antifreeze/coolant in the oil? Would it be a larger "Water %". I have another vehicle where I am trying to figure out a coolant issue and wanted to know if I can use these reports to help? I know the Blackstone reports have a designated antifreeze line item.

Thanks
Yes, You can use a UOA to help determine coolant contamination w/o a separate antifreeze line.

IIRC PUP is using a more sophisticated (tri-nuclear?) moly compared to the normal moly found in say this FF and valvoline etc. not as much is required with the higher quality stuff.

again, this is just what i think i can remember, someone please correct me if needed :ROFLMAO:

Not to hjack this thread, I have a Toyota V6 3.5 with 118K, PUP 0-20 and also used the same UOA lab. I would not worry about Na and K. This is my 2nd Toyota Pink flush and it is 6years old.

No oil was added and no filter change. Typos.

IMG_7748.jpeg

Last edited:
Back