I hate working on the ground.

About 25 years ago, I was doing some work at a building that was about to be knocked down. When i was leaving, I noticed what looked liked a 4 ft x 6 ft door mat in front of the entrance. Being it was going to be thrown into the dump truck with the rest of the building, I took it. Boy it sure makes working on the ground alot nicer. It has the rubber backing on it, so after I'm done I can shake it off, and roll it up.,,

Man I wouldn't like working on gravel. Don't mind being on my back once I get there.

Now where are the struts on that SLA suspension ?

I just checked I see now toyota use coilover shocks with spring pads for the concentric springs.

Are you going to adjustable spring height?
No just new struts and the spacers that level the front.

I bottom painted a boat on a trailer one or two times. That was all it took for me, ain't working on the ground ever again.

Gotta put lower control arm bushings and struts in the FJ. The car is too tall to fit in my garage. I'm stuck with doing it like this.

I do have air and tools at home though. The HF earthquake impact and sockets gets it done.

View attachment 112598
One benefit of where I work, they don't care if I work on my own car. I live in a studio apartment so no air tools for me at home. I may be a young man who grew up with lithium batteries but ever since I started using air tools in the shop I can easily say they are far superior to cordless tools, both in terms of power/size and durability. I can drop my Astro impact on the concrete floor all day and it doesn't care, I've broken so many plastic batteries.

No. Guess I could run to Walmart and try to dig through the homeless encampment by the dumpster and grab some
HaHa … No ! they might attack with dirty needles fired from paper straws !
Our carpet store has a corner where they tag little cut out pieces like from a fireplace … $8 etc …

The best thing I’ve ever found is a couple 6-8’ x 2’+- strips of used shag carpet. Cardboard is good and I used it for 20+ years but the carpet is just nicer. It folds up and rolls up nice so it takes much less space. It’s also handy for holding down tarps and what not so they don’t flap around. When mine get nasty from a particularly ugly oil spill I simply wash it with the pressure washer. The oil just blows right off and It cleans right up very well. Smaller bits and strips come in handy as jack pads and bench protectors or any other such use. Right now I have two small ones sitting over the sprinklers in the garden as UV shields. The wind doesn’t blow them off.
Very handy stuff that old carpet . The older I get the more important it seems , just ask my knees

Buying the Camrys was a good move. They have required very little car crawling so far. I have a few pieces of carpet that I use when I need to.

Back