I hate working on the ground.

Gotta put lower control arm bushings and struts in the FJ. The car is too tall to fit in my garage. I'm stuck with doing it like this.

I do have air and tools at home though. The HF earthquake impact and sockets gets it done.

IMG_20220814_191816880.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind working on cars on the ground. However: I'm 27, work in IT, and have never used a lift. So easy for me to say!

My dad had the luxury of working with a lift when he had his ESSO/EXXON Station. When he retired in '79(43 yrs ago) that was the end of my luxury as well. I've been working on the ground ever since. YEAH, I'm getting tired of it as well. 🤷‍♂️

I don't have a lift or a pit so I'm relegated to do it just like you're doing it on the ground on jackstands. If I'm going to be on my knees a high quality set of knee pads are a must for me. I got some old worn out knees.

Bought a Harbor Freight creeper, but with the loss of a couple of inches of clearance went back to a tarp on my tarmac driveway. All well and the tarp captures any accidental spilled oil at the oil/filter change. Clean driveway retained with new clean oil and filter!

Did invest in a decent 2-ton jack and always add wooden blocks before going underneath, just in case!

Man I wouldn't like working on gravel. Don't mind being on my back once I get there.

Now where are the struts on that SLA suspension ?

I just checked I see now toyota use coilover shocks with spring pads for the concentric springs.

Are you going to adjustable spring height?

Back