I need some cheap PVC ground sleeves for 1-2" pvc pipe

What I'm trying to do is hold up a 3' tall soccer net that outlines a small playing field to keep the ball from rolling away.

I already have the net, it's 3' tall and 100' long.

The plan is to install ground sleeves flush with the ground, to accept a PVC pipe or similiar that I can remove or replace if it gets snapped off.

I figure I can bury the sleeve up to 2' deep but the removable portion needs to fit somewhat snug and not flop around too much.

I don't know enough about PVC fittings and what's avail to make this work.

I was thinking a 2" schedule 40 with a reducer on the top and a cap on the bottom with another reducer to keep the post straight, or just a pipe (sleeve) that allows the post to slide in with just enough clearance to move freely.

Most of what I see fits snug for gluing, but again, I want to say there's an option I'm just not well versed in what works with what. Safe bet there's one type of schedule 40 where another PVC will slide into with just enough clearance to not move around but not too tight that it won't fit.

There's ground sleeves from online sporting equipment businesses, but they really command a high price for just a PVC pipe. I'd rather buy a length of pipe then cut to my needs.

I estimate one pole every 8' or so, maybe 6'

I plan to cut a slit in the top of the pipe then cap it off, the slit will accept the hook for the support rope.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
Back