I got screamed at again today......

Status
Not open for further replies.
What configuration are the pumps in? Three rows of four pumps? He prob didn't like that your rig was taking blocking two or three pumps while you meandering around. Not that it excuses his behavior however.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What configuration are the pumps in? Three rows of four pumps? He prob didn't like that your rig was taking blocking two or three pumps while you meandering around. Not that it excuses his behavior however.

Just a single row of like 6 or 7 double sided pumps, so I was only blocking the one pump that I was using. I believe I was at the second from the end and all I had to do was pull out and head straight for the exit. My truck wasn't interfering with the flow of traffic at all. Oh well, I'll take my business to the chevron at the other end of the street, doesn't matter to me, that station has like 25 pumps, I can park their all day if I want. I have 5 yards right in the middle of the two gas stations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
What has this world come to?

I hear ya....I've recently encountered several crazy, unstable types. One guy at a junk yard I'd never been to before. My mere presence set him off, when I started asking a few simple questions, he went CATO! Seriously insecure and full of fear. His boss was screaming at him to "shut the [censored] up" after I finally checked out and left. I won't be going back there.

The next was a checker at HEB, obviously clueless how the register works. It was late, I'd been in the Sun & humidity all day, no dinner yet. She called me a little turd to externalize & attempt to equalize her own ignorance, shame, humiliation and embarrassment! I told her off and left. Then returned another day to have a little chat with the store manager & the checker supervisor. They both knew I wasn't kidding....

More than a few crazies in "weird" Austin. There are signs all around of this increasing "unhingement" these days. The wheels have come off and now the sparks are flying.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
What has this world come to?

I hear ya....I've recently encountered several crazy, unstable types. One guy at a junk yard I'd never been to before. My mere presence set him off, when I started asking a few simple questions, he went CATO! Seriously insecure and full of fear. His boss was screaming at him to "shut the [censored] up" after I finally checked out and left. I won't be going back there.

The next was a checker at HEB, obviously clueless how the register works. It was late, I'd been in the Sun & humidity all day, no dinner yet. She called me a little turd to externalize & attempt to equalize her own ignorance, shame, humiliation and embarrassment! I told her off and left. Then returned another day to have a little chat with the store manager & the checker supervisor. They both knew I wasn't kidding....

More than a few crazies in "weird" Austin. There are signs all around of this increasing "unhingement" these days. The wheels have come off and now the sparks are flying.

At first I thought the guy who blocked me in was going to ask if he parked too close, not ask if I lived at his house and then proceed to cuss me out and start calling me names. I had ear plugs in, so I didn't quite hear what he called me exactly, but their was a few f bombs and other colorful words. The heat makes my thinking a little slow to decipher some situations quickly.

Originally Posted By: John_K
I remember one time someone knocked on my door and asked if it was ok that they had parked on the street in front of my house. I said it's a public street you can park anywhere. I don't get people with this "you can't park in front of my house" nonsense, it's a public street.

Agree. Just don't block my driveway or park on my driveway.

Quote:
I would've told both of them to go *f* themselves.

lol.gif
In this heat and humidity lately, I could see that response. Of course he's running a business so at least for neighborhood parking matter might not have been the best response. At the gas station, perhaps.

People of today love to revel in their self fabricated indignation. When they have nothing to complain about, they actively go seeking something which does not meet their hypocritical compass, at that particular moment, subject to change without notice, logic, or reason.

I blame feminism and the feminist agenda for this.

Such a shame that males are also influenced to behave in this irrational emotional illogical manner. Good thing feminism has also taught everybody how to justify any of one's own despicable actions while vilifying everything/ everyone else.

And, If all else fails, say 'whatever' in the most insulting tone possible, throw in a few 'OMG's' and eye rolls, and all is well. A pouty foot stamping might be required too.

Originally Posted By: Kira
1) Across the population people are not as smart, practical or observant as once they were.

2) I believe pharma abuse (drug abuse) is rife and that makes people yell.

3) I know many people listen to hate radio and the constant "us against them" and "they're taking our money" and "they're taking our guns" speech makes people angry.

You forgot the hate radio where they call people bitter clingers and hicks for wanting to own guns in this day and age.

Hate is not associated with any political view, it's associated with people who think they are better than others. That happens equally on the left and the right. Neither end of the spectrum holds an advantage in this characteristic.

The crazies are everywhere ... we were having our field logged / cleared for our horses and people would threaten and harass the loggers, like **** it's not your property and most of the people that were getting hostile didn't even live close to us. I guess people have nothing to worry about in their own lives so they have to try to control what other people do.

I really feel bad for retail workers these days, people have no manners and treat them like robots. Back when I worked at a wallyworld TLE I had a lady go off at me for not being able to help her find tire chains, and all she knew was that she had a Mazda (didn't even know the model) and the car wasn't even there so I could go look at tire size/etc. I can't even go to our local McDonalds without having to listen to people cuss out the window person if their order takes longer than 30 seconds.

Originally Posted By: abycat
Originally Posted By: gman2304
The ONLY thing I do at the pumps is pump my gas. If I have to go inside for anything I move my vehicle, even if there are empty pumps available. You should have been better prepared as far as measuring your 2 stroke oil, looking in the trash for a used paper towel, gulping down a Gatorade, going to the bathroom etc etc. It's called courtesy. My 2 cents worth.

I'm guessing your not serious. digging in the trash is a good way to get poked with a needle.

No the trash cans have squeegees for cleaning windows and also have paper towels on the side, little did I know the owner was too cheap to fill them up. I didn't dig through the trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Quote:
I would've told both of them to go *f* themselves.

lol.gif
In this heat and humidity lately, I could see that response. Of course he's running a business so at least for neighborhood parking matter might not have been the best response. At the gas station, perhaps.

You have no idea how tempting it was to not park my truck on that guys front yard. lol There was plenty of room, could have put 6 trucks and trailers on it.

Fortunately my subdivision, on the whole, is fairly laid back on the "don't park in front of my house" thing. We have concrete curbs that make yard parking pretty much a non-issue(plus the fact that my front yard is pretty much straight downhill about 3 feet past the curb
smile.gif
) but for the most parts we work with each other. If the neighbors have a house full of guests, no one cares if their cars are parked in front of someone else's house provided that the driveways aren't blocked, and the neighbors extend the same courtesy to us.

The only thing we do is keep an eye out for cars parked in front of houses or in driveways when we know the occupants are out of town, but usually that's a call to the neighbor to double check(in fact our next door neighbors usually let us know when they're out of town if someone is going to be coming by, and we do the same) and it's usually nothing. With that said, though, I appreciate it that we all sort of look out for each other, something that you won't necessarily get everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back