Road rage at school today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rules of BITOG:
1. You drive a BMW, so you will be judged accordingly
2. You posted your story on here, so you'll be wrong, and judged accordingly
3. Somebody will point out that you shouldn't fear getting shot in a parking lot

I'm going to be the guy that mentions #3 :D

This blows my mind, that one of your first thoughts is fear of getting shot for what constitutes a very minor semi-altercation 😳
Well, the guy was definitely crazy, and seemed like the type who would shoot someone. He obviously got very offended by the middle finger, so I doubt he had much self control

Well, the guy was definitely crazy, and seemed like the type who would shoot someone. He obviously got very offended by the middle finger, so I doubt he had much self control
Those people should not own guns, to be blunt. They'd fail the mental health background check in Canada.

I own a decent number of guns BTW, so, not anti-gun in the least, just anti-idiot and nuttcase having unfettered access to them.

You flipped him the bird...you're human...but tried to de-escalate after that point and that's rare. You are correct, you have no idea the mental state of the other person and what they are capable and/or prepared to do. Not long ago, I accidentally cut someone off, and I was genuinely sorry for my action. I did the sorry wave and basically got out of this person's way. At this point, she's going absolutely ballistic. She got out of her car to yell at me at the next stop light. She was in her mid-30s, tiny, and looked about 85 lbs. I thought to myself that she was lucky I'm a nice guy and not looking for a confrontation because if that's what she wanted I'm reasonably sure at 6'5" and 275 lbs and a lifter I could pull off one of her arms and beat her to death with it. There are some really crazy people in this world who are willing to escalate situations...not worth it.

Those people should not own guns, to be blunt. They'd fail the mental health background check in Canada.

I own a decent number of guns BTW, so, not anti-gun in the least, just anti-idiot and nuttcase having unfettered access to them.
Remarkably, in spite of this being totally rational, we can't even begin to have this conversation in the US. You know...you have to defend your family from tyranny.

Parents around school drop off time are stressed- big time- from the moment the alarm goes off they are late and getting later.Then add the stress of getting kids fed (I hate this) to lost books and coats and glove/mitten to teasing siblings.At the same time trying to get yourself ready.
Had a traffic officer tell me once moms in mini vans are his most common speeding stop ,before and after school "they are always late"
-ex school bus driver-

This blows my mind, that one of your first thoughts is fear of getting shot for what constitutes a very minor semi-altercation 😳
Unfortunately not at all shocking to me, my mind goes there too. My wife had a similar situation in a Walmart parking lot a few years ago and after it was over and she parked, driver proceeded to box in her car to "talk" to her.

I didn’t mean to convey that people who have guns are bad. More like, the guy was already acting like an idiot, so who knows what else he would do. I’m not anti gun
No offense taken.

Had my concealed carry permit since 1979. Never shot anyone yet, don't intend to either. I just try not to anger others over nothing.

Unfortunately not at all shocking to me, my mind goes there too. My wife had a similar situation in a Walmart parking lot a few years ago and after it was over and she parked, driver proceeded to box in her car to "talk" to her.
People are frightening today. Bold and psychotic at the same time. Best to follow the Theodore Roosevelt clause.

I have a permit and carry a gun.

I will never flip anyone off, no matter my anger. I just look away and avoid eye contact, Easier and cheaper than shooting

The rules of BITOG:
1. You drive a BMW, so you will be judged accordingly
2. You posted your story on here, so you'll be wrong, and judged accordingly
3. Somebody will point out that you shouldn't fear getting shot in a parking lot

I'm going to be the guy that mentions #3 :D

You have someone in this very post that said as much - they carry and don't want to get into an argument b/c they might shoot someone.

Schools are run by cowards, not likely they would stand up to anyone. These aggressive people just wear them down. My wife was an aide at our local grade school, I have heard a million similar stories.
You're painting with a broad brush. As a school Principal, I've banned and no-trespassed numerous parents for their carline antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back