I got screamed at again today......

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has this world come to? Seriously, yesterday I was mowing and I stopped at the gas station to go to the bathroom, grab a snack and a drink and fill up my gas can, then the gas station attendant comes out and starts yelling at me saying, ARE YOU GOING TO JUST STAY HERE FOR AN HOUR?!!! I was like I bought gas, don't you remember me from 5 minutes ago? I didn't say don't you remember me, but I did say I bought gas. I literally took like a 2 minute breather while I'll gulped down my Gatorade I just bought, then I mixed up a gallon of two stroke and was looking for some paper towels to clean the dirt out of my measuring cup, well all the trash cans were out of paper towels, maybe that's what [censored] him off and he thought I was just going to sit their all day. He had 10 other pumps available, but to scream at a paying customer just blows my mind. Then naturally another lawn care company pulls in and they stop and buy lunch and sit under a tree behind the store and he doesn't say anything.

Then today I'm on my last yard and I park next to someone's house a couple doors down because their literally isn't anywhere else to park where I'm not in front of a mail box and the homeowner pulls in with his car and backs up so close that I can't get my mower off the trailer, I had already taken my blower and trimmer and put it in the back of the customers yard and I come back out to get the mower off the trailer and I see this guy illegally parked backwards 2 foot from my trailer, I swear he was about to drive up my ramp and he gets out of the car and asks me if I live here, and just starts cussing me out calling me names and telling me not to park in front of his house, and I go do you own the road??? You're car is parked illegally, I'm going to call the cops, you could have just asking nicely, he cusses me out again saying I don't care call them with a few colorful words thrown in. He just went off without any warning.

I considered whether or not I just pass on mowing the yard altogether, not sure what this whack job might do to my truck, so I go and tell the customer about the situation and he sees his neighbors car blocking my trailer. The customer is like that guy is an [censored], then I'm like ok, well I'll just park on the other side of the street, so I'm like 400ft away from the house now that I'm trying to mow since it's a culd de sac. My goodness, some people. You can tell I've had a few people tell me where to park in the past. lol I don't know if it's just my luck or what, I don't even know what to think anymore. Opinions?

I try and be as polite and professional as can be, but I've been told by too many people that I'm allowed to park wherever I want and nobody can do anything just as long as it's parked legally, as in the same direction as the traffic flows.

I never thought I would say this, but it's getting to the point where I actually don't feel safe anymore in public.

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s going on now is temporary. You’ll get happier and the things that have been going wrong will not result in permanent harm - It get’s better.
Life’s hard but you have to remember that you can make it through it. Stay with us. You are the only one of us who can accomplish the destiny that has been laid out for you.

Seriously, you are not with us here on Earth for no reason. Stay with us. Permanent solutions to temporary problems don’t make sense. You are worth it and I’d give anything to make you not kill yourself tonight.. or ever. Realize that before it’s too late.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
What’s going on now is temporary. You’ll get happier and the things that have been going wrong will not result in permanent harm - It get’s better.
Life’s hard but you have to remember that you can make it through it. Stay with us. You are the only one of us who can accomplish the destiny that has been laid out for you.

Seriously, you are not with us here on Earth for no reason. Stay with us. Permanent solutions to temporary problems don’t make sense. You are worth it and I’d give anything to make you not kill yourself tonight.. or ever. Realize that before it’s too late.

whoah hold on.... Who said anything about me killing myself?

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
...I try and be as polite and professional as can be...

That's almost always the best approach to life's challenges.

Even when dealing with aholes.
smile.gif

I remember one time someone knocked on my door and asked if it was ok that they had parked on the street in front of my house. I said it's a public street you can park anywhere. I don't get people with this "you can't park in front of my house" nonsense, it's a public street.

Lots of crazy people out there. I've had people rudely bark orders at me to move as I was double parked, a gas station attendant was a bit aggressive while rushing me to move my motorcycle out of the way. A couple of weeks ago, I was parked blocking a driveway while I literally ran to pick up my a/c gauge set from my friend's house in an upper class neighborhood. A woman started screaming at me to move my car. I immediately knew she was nuts and therefore gave in by moving the car down to another driveway. She continued screaming at me. I fitted in "I'll only be a minute." between her screaming. When I got back a minute later, I overheard the woman telling a male "He refused to move and called me a [censored]." I called her out on her lie which shut her up. I was expecting the male she spoke with to give me grief but he didn't say a word. Best thing is to stay calm and try to avoid engaging the crazy people.

The thought of me telling someone where to park has never even crossed my mind. I mean I don't pay for their insurance, it's none of my business where somebody parks, last thing I need is somebody holding me liable because I told them to park somewhere.

Originally Posted By: splinter
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
...I try and be as polite and professional as can be...

That's almost always the best approach to life's challenges.

Even when dealing with aholes.
smile.gif

Yeah and people won't hire me if they see me lose my temper. lol Whether I'm in the right or not.

Originally Posted By: John_K
I remember one time someone knocked on my door and asked if it was ok that they had parked on the street in front of my house. I said it's a public street you can park anywhere. I don't get people with this "you can't park in front of my house" nonsense, it's a public street.

Well, that was a polite person who asked you. In many neighborhoods people frown on people they don't know parking in front of their house. Personally, I don't like people parking in front of my house because I really don't want to look out and see their cars, and don't care for oil leakers leaving oil spots all over the road in front of my place. They should be parking in front of their own house, or the house they are visiting.

Sorry you had a bad day, broh. Unfortunately, people are getting worse, so u might as well get used to it. I'm almost numb when people are mean and/or act stupid. Shows me how not to act

barkingspider said:
Sorry you had a bad day, broh. Unfortunately, people are getting worse, so u might as well get used to it. I'm almost numb when people are mean and/or act stupid. Shows me how not to act [/quote

It wasn't bad it's just that I never know what to expect anymore. I suppose it keeps things interesting, although not in a good way. Sounds like I'm not the only one who has these problems though, so that's good.

Working in retail- I've seen quite a bit of lately... Last week, I had a customer threaten to actually hurt me because I would not let him borrow my car to get the rest of his patio furniture home for his important party. Because, you know a patio set will fit in a chevy Cobalt...
smirk.gif

It's been tough just letting it roll off...because you do get to a point. I still keep looking for the positives...not going to let it bring me down! Just remember at some point- karma does come around.... we stay have to stay positive!
smile.gif

If the pumps are busy I fill up and repark to go inside, then I'm not wasting anyone's time.

1) Across the population people are not as smart, practical or observant as once they were.

2) I believe pharma abuse (drug abuse) is rife and that makes people yell.

3) I know many people listen to hate radio and the constant "us against them" and "they're taking our money" and "they're taking our guns" speech makes people angry.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
If the pumps are busy I fill up and repark to go inside, then I'm not wasting anyone's time.

I do that even if they aren't busy. Fill up, park the car, then go inside. It makes life easier for everyone.

Recently I drove down a 4 lane (residential) road.
Speed limit of 40 MPH
There was a Lawn Cutting vehicle parked on the side of the road / And partially blocking one lane of traffic.
This caused everyone in that lane to have to slow down.
That annoyed me a lot and I wonder if it was even legal.

Generally people do not annoy me unless they do it on purpose.

A neighbor could have a loud party and I don't care.
But play the music loud just to annoy me, I will get annoyed.

You said, "But play the music loud just to annoy me, I will get annoyed."

How would you know the difference? Sounds like you (and may others) decide when they lose their temper.

These people never drove anything bigger than a sedan, they have no idea what it takes to drive and park a big truck with a trailer.

I know its difficult sometimes to deal with bad attitudes from the public. Some of my co workers make my workplace the proverbial "toxic" kind. Don't let it get you down. I won't let people like this destroy my sense of general happiness.

MOM, you still around Houston? Lets meet up sometime. I will buy you lunch. Write back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back