I can no longer eat fast food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I do not deny that ACV has health benefits, but in my opinion it is not a heal-all or heal-most or heal-anything miracle substance.

No, ACV is not a "cure all" or a magic pill. It's a very healthy healing thing to (I mean raw ACV not "vinegar" which is acid forming and not a good thing for most people to ingest, unless they happen to have a very alkaline pH and/or very weak HCL output, like I once had.)

Most of us are vegans and eat an all organic vegan diet. We take no pills, only organic and/or wild crafted herbs, bee pollen, raw honey, ACV, etc. We do more than dabble in health and search for miracle cures. We already have our cures, and raw ACV is but one small part of it.

BTW - raw ACV is actually a very good thing to many people to help heal the GI tract.

Originally Posted By: Scoot_4_20
Quote:
I do not deny that ACV has health benefits, but in my opinion it is not a heal-all or heal-most or heal-anything miracle substance.

No, ACV is not a "cure all" or a magic pill. It's a very healthy healing thing to (I mean raw ACV not "vinegar" which is acid forming and not a good thing for most people to ingest, unless they happen to have a very alkaline pH and/or very weak HCL output, like I once had.)

Most of us are vegans and eat an all organic vegan diet. We take no pills, only organic and/or wild crafted herbs, bee pollen, raw honey, ACV, etc. We do more than dabble in health and search for miracle cures. We already have our cures, and raw ACV is but one small part of it.

BTW - raw ACV is actually a very good thing to many people to help heal the GI tract.

So we are more in agreement than I thought. You fooled me when you previously posted, "I follow people that have saved the lives of 10s of thousands of people. We don't see placebo effect. We see people's lives turned around." That sounds pretty extreme to me. Besides, denying the placebo effect is unscientific.

You do yourself no favor by moving the topic of the point you were trying to make from the specific (the benefits of ACV) to organic food.

Again, we mostly do agree. I believe we probably agree that after a nasty fast food meal, ACV may help the digestive system cope.
smile.gif

I don't remember when I last ate at McDonald's, probably more than 10 years ago. I do use their bathroom in Barstow when we go to Vegas.

Joe Queenan wrote a book called "Red Lobster, White Trash and the Blue Lagoon" a critique of things that Americans think are good, but actually aren't.

I'd have to agree on the Red Lobster analysis; oddly there used to be one in New London CT. Why any New Englander close to the coast (New London is actually a port) would eat at one given the 100s of other choices is beyond me.

I hear it is fresh, it was just unloaded from the Sysco truck....

Originally Posted By: Volvo_ST1

That sounds pretty extreme to me.

Extreme? I'll tell you what's extreme. Extreme is having MDs cut out a brain tumor, or do a heart bypass operation and strip arteries from your leg to put near your heart. Now, THAT'S extreme.

Besides, denying the placebo effect is unscientific.

We are health devotees, not dabblers looking for magic pills on mainstream medical websites. We don't talk about or experience placebo effect and we don't use pills, capsules, fractionated substances, etc. We rely on 1st hand experience, not scientific stuff on paper. We more or less don't care if anything adds up on paper. Many times things on paper aren't worth more than the paper they were printed on.

You do yourself no favor by moving the topic of the point you were trying to make from the specific (the benefits of ACV) to organic food.

This seems to be your unique opinion. I have extensive experience in organic whole foods and ACV, and decades ago I learned that serious health seekers / health food devotees almost ALWAYS use raw ACV.

Again, we mostly do agree.

That sounds pretty extreme to me.

Extreme? I'll tell you what's extreme. Extreme is having MDs cut out a brain tumor, or do a heart bypass operation and strip arteries from your leg to put near your heart. Now, THAT'S extreme.

Besides, denying the placebo effect is unscientific.

We are health devotees, not dabblers looking for magic pills on mainstream medical websites. We don't talk about or experience placebo effect and we don't use pills, capsules, fractionated substances, etc. We rely on 1st hand experience, not scientific stuff on paper. We more or less don't care if anything adds up on paper. Many times things on paper aren't worth more than the paper they were printed on.

This seems to be your unique opinion. I have extensive experience in organic whole foods and ACV, and decades ago I learned that serious health seekers / health food devotees almost ALWAYS use raw ACV.

Drinking some ACV may calm you down!
smirk.gif

http://www.roadfood.com/

I intend to plan our next driving vacation using this site as a guide to decent food on the road.
OTOH, fast food is usually okay, and makes an acceptable lunch every once in a while.
I usually bring a salad to work for lunch, but I sometimes have something from Subway or a takeout pizza.

My point to this thread was that most fast food and upscale chain restaurants like Red Lobster used to be alright. Heck, several years ago, it was a tradition in my family to go to Red Lobster on Christmas Eve to celebrate my birthday, and the food was always dare I say, excellent. We tried it twice this year and both times it was simply unacceptable for the price.

IMO, McDs quality has gone down the toilet. The regular burgers are like the size of a White Castle slider now. The price stays the same or goes up slightly, and the size and quality goes down. I guess that's how most places are trying to deal with the inflation that the government basically says isn't there.

We rely on 1st hand experience, not scientific stuff on paper.

Sometimes, all you need to do to address an argument is simply to underscore it.

Drew, we no longer go to Red Lobster. The last time we went, in Decatur, AL area, it tasted worse than the frozen seafood meals from Kroger. No joke.

After eating at a ma & pa joint in Nashville many times (South Street and Wild Wasabi sushi) where tuna, mahi, salmon tastes like any place along the oceanfront, cooked to order or even raw, these Dread Lobster places tasted terrible. Blecch.

Last week I had a Burger King Whopper for the first time in ages. another Bleccch. Can't believe I used to like this [censored]. $7 for this? Should went to Subway, for $5 I can (still) get a foot long roasted chicken with veg's only and be stuffed when I'm done. And know I didn't eat a belly full of grease.

For Italian food, yes, the ma & pa places are the best. Joe's on LaGrange in Orland Park, IL has some seriously great Italian dishes. Caesar's on the west side of Nashville it good too.

You gotta hunt & seek good eats anymore.

Another rip off: Sweet Cici's. This dessert place is the ultimate ripoff, they charge by weight of the cup. $15 for two people. I'm NEVER going there again. It's useless yogurt cream with boxed cereal. Purity ice cream is cheaper and tastes far better.

So I went to Lenny's Sub Shop today, and let me tell you it was awesome. Best sub joint I've been to in - probably ever. High quality, fresh stuff. I was expecting subway type stuff.

You are right.
The general quality of the eating out experience has declined.
Red Lobster used to be great, for example, and good value for money.
This is no longer the case.

Red Lobster was very good 10-15 years ago, the last time we were in a Red Lobster was more than 5 years ago and we didn't like the quality so we never came back.

Wahoo fish taco chain is fairly good for reasonable price.

Yes, sorry, I'm not having a very good weekend for reasons I will not say. I seemed to forget that you're one of the 1st people I replied to in this thread because I agree with you about it not being a good idea to live on cheap food.

I urge as many people as I can to invest in their bodies by buying high quality organic foods.

I'm not having a very good weekend for reasons I will not say.

Could be caused by a gall problem due to liver detox regimen.
smirk.gif

I guess this confirms some of my suspicions about chain food lately. I used to enjoy the occasional spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's, when you would get a fresh one it was pretty tasty. A nice full white meat chicken breast with just the right amount of breading and seasoning.

I went there yesterday and got one, the chicken was about as thick as a piece of cardboard and it tasted like a salt lick. Not satisfying at all. In fact it was almost inedible. It seems like the bun has gotten thicker too, to give the impression of a full sandwich.

This isn't a complete surprise, commodity prices are out of control lately. You pay the same, but keep getting less and less.

It's the same with cigarettes. I smoke occasionally, and packaged cigs taste like complete garbage now. I'm almost positive that the actual amount of real leaf tobacco in the average Marlboro is less than 50 percent these days. Add in the govt mandated FSC chemicals and ridiculous taxes, I always ask regular smokers how they're willing to pay $6-$7 for a pack of bad tasting fake tobacco?

I'm not having a very good weekend for reasons I will not say.

Could be caused by a gall problem due to liver detox regimen.
smirk.gif

I don't know. I take Liver/GB [gall bladder] tincture and Blood Detox tincture, and other things like Liver Detox tea :

2 parts roasted Dandelion root
1 part Cinnamon bark
1 part Cardamom seed
1 part Licorice root
1 part Juniper berries
1 part Ginger root
1 part Clove buds
1 part black peppercorns
1 part Uva Ursi leaves

People CRACK me UP!!!

Their is NOTHING wrong with fast food. STOP blaming FAST FOOD. If YOU get fat or sick from eating fast food BLAME YOURSELF.

Fastfood sell cheap food, fast. End of story.

If you eat it everyday, yea, you can get fat or sick.

Do you REALLY think if you ate ground kobe beef from Japan on a whole grain hand made burger bun, hand cut potato fries cooked in peanut oil, and a quality, real sugar, cola pop every day you would be healthy and fit? [censored] NO.

Then why the [censored] do people think FASTFOOD is the blame? They sell burgers and fries. Their burgers and fries are no less nor more fatty than the burgers and fries anywhere else.

Taste is subjective. You either like the taste of something or you do not. So if you do not like fastfood because of the taste, thats all good.

IMHO Mcdonalds puts out a good potato fry. And for a buck, a double cheese burger is not bad when your hungry and on the go.

Now, lose self control and eat fastfood twice a day 4-5 times a week things are not going to go well. Just like if you went to a cake shop and ate there twice a day almost every day.

What then???? No MORE cake for me!!!! Cake shops are the issue!!!

I lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back