I am cruel and basically mean.

You should put down the proper amount according to a soil analysis. No more / no less.
When Donald speaks lawns, people should listen (LOL, play on old EF Hutton commercial). But, he is right.

I know nothing about Idaho turfgrass, but in Michigan it is generally recommended to NOT fertilize your lawn in very early spring. The lawn has stored up nutrients from last fall that it will use the first 3 - 5 weeks of growth. Adding extra fertilizer early causes the grass to grow extra luxurious and prompts more disease, etc.. The exception would be if you are bringing back a stressed or damaged lawn.

I always recommend consulting your Land Grant University Extension site for local recommendations: https://www.extension.uidaho.edu/re...andscapes&category1=Gardening&category2=Lawns

A quick glance at their fertilizer timing DOES recommend a small application around Easter, so maybe Idaho turfgrass is different than Michigan.

I mow the lawn, and do my parents lawn too. I have been mowing the lawn since I was 7 and could reach the clutch pedal on our old rider. It's clear how long it's been since my dad mowed, every time he uses his tractor he breaks something (snapped a cast iron front axle last time).
I would never let my parents mow the grass 🙂

When Donald speaks lawns, people should listen (LOL, play on old EF Hutton commercial). But, he is right.

I know nothing about Idaho turfgrass, but in Michigan it is generally recommended to NOT fertilize your lawn in very early spring. The lawn has stored up nutrients from last fall that it will use the first 3 - 5 weeks of growth. Adding extra fertilizer early causes the grass to grow extra luxurious and prompts more disease, etc.. The exception would be if you are bringing back a stressed or damaged lawn.

I always recommend consulting your Land Grant University Extension site for local recommendations: https://www.extension.uidaho.edu/re...andscapes&category1=Gardening&category2=Lawns

A quick glance at their fertilizer timing DOES recommend a small application around Easter, so maybe Idaho turfgrass is different than Michigan.
I get my fields soil analyzed I posted one a few years ago link to soil analysis

So you did something that's going to make the wife decide no more mowing and you wind up with the extra heavy mowing job. Good plan there.

Back