Hurricane Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 9296D21B14
Is it safe outside yet?
27.gif

Looks like you all are safe.....for now.

Exactly, "only for now" is everyone safe. Let me point out and emphasize that in lieu of the presently inconvenienced genius and his claqueur. God, I enjoy being the pinch hitter.

Originally Posted By: 9296D21B14
You must be *** if you got the letters *** past the censor.

You just have to believe it will work when you type the letters. Trust me, it works each time.
grin2.gif

Wonder where I put that leftover Vitamin X from Gustav? I'm on the far eastern side of Louisiana and they are still calling for tropical storm force gusts here tomorrow. I should have left the windows boarded.
frown.gif

Not good... I have to go to LSU to recruit for the company... I moved the rental car to tomorrow morning to leave.... this is going to be a fun trip.

I just got back from filling up the wife's car at my local Shell station here in SC. While I was inside getting a receipt, one of the managers was putting "out of service" bags on all the pump handles. I asked what was going on and he said the Shell distributor called and told them to cease selling gas at 8pm until further notice, and that their remaining fuel was to be held in reserve. Looks like the fuel situation may get ugly with Ike shutting down oil supply from the Gulf.

CNN news said that national weather service issued "certain death if not evalucating Galveston,TX" when Hurricane Ike arrives tommorrow

Okay, Ike is gonna sail through just west of here which will cream a swath through my area. Gustav's eye rolled right over town as a tropical storm and we had maybe 12000 people w/o power in this area? No big deal. But out on the east side of Gustav, those people are still digging out. That's not getting covered much since NOLA was spared, but Baton Rouge, Cajun country, all the way up to the Arkansas line and beyond got some good flood waters and a good assortment of tornados. I've constantly put off a dang generator and now I am sure I am too late. I've got to spend all day tomorrow securing our work fleet and chainsaws.....Fun......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back