HPL EC PICTURES AFTER 4500 miles and 2 OCI's

Cool progress, but really just two questions: other than cost, if your goal was engine cleanliness, why wouldn’t you have followed the 1 OCI with EC, then move to full HPL after that? The HPL oil will accomplish more cleaning over a full OCI than a 20% mix of EC & shelf oil.
Sevral reason's. I only knew abut the EC, and bought a 6 pack. The car was consuming oil and adding EC is cheaper than the keep on adding oil. I also have a lot of hoarded oil that I want to work through so it is cheaper to add the EC to the hoarded shelf oil ($1 or less a quart, with EC $16-20 per OCI) and get some cleaning going. I understand the oil does more cleaning.

Sevral reason's. I only knew abut the EC, and bought a 6 pack. The car was consuming oil and adding EC is cheaper than the keep on adding oil. I also have a lot of hoarded oil that I want to work through so it is cheaper to add the EC to the hoarded shelf oil ($1 or less a quart, with EC $16-20 per OCI) and get some cleaning going. I understand the oil does more cleaning.
Are you moving to HPL PCEO soon? Seems like you should about be out of EC any day now 🤣

Well something is working but how do we know if it’s the BG flush or the HPL?
I guess your goal is to jus get it clean and thats cool lol. Progress can be seen
I see the products working in combination like to think of them as complimentary in the process.

I see the products working in combination like to think of them as complimentary in the process.
I am out of EC but have a 3 gal left out of my 5 gal PPCMO.

Will be ordering at least 12/ more ECs as I have at least 25 more shelf oil 5qt containers that are not Mobil 1.

PXL_20230511_203511351.jpg

I see the Chevron Supreme 5 quart jugs there. Were they the ones Walmart was selling the other year for less than 8 bucks a pop? I know I bought 8 of them. Surprised to see no Total Quarts jugs/quarts. That was a good opportunity. Not like your running low though.
Yes, they were as well as the GTX high mileage.

I just serviced this car again, approx 20k miles since the start of my HPL treatment experiments, still varnish left but is incrementally getting cleaner. I have the pictures on my borescope which I will post once I get it downloaded.

Oil always looks like shellac, when drained at 3-4k.

Here is the latest picture of the latest service 20K miles since HPL experiments.

Notice the percentage of bare metal showing along the lower bolt?

How long before this engine is spotless? I am thinking following the current regimen another 20k miles? Although I want the process to be faster, this give me comfort with the fact the old deposits are being stripped which means no new deposits are being added.

Attachments

• PHO-00015.JPG
    PHO-00015.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Here is the latest picture of the latest service 20K miles since HPL experiments.

Notice the percentage of bare metal showing along the lower bolt?

How long before this engine is spotless? I am thinking following the current regimen another 20k miles? Although I want the process to be faster, this give me comfort with the fact the old deposits are being stripped which means no new deposits are being added.
Photo is a bit grainy, if its dark outside can you flashlight snapshot?

“As can be seen there is still varnish left, however what is interesting, is there were multiple chunks of carbonaceous material, about the size of rice grains that were left on the side of the oil drain caddy during this last oil change.”

The past few used vehicles purchased I would immediately change the oil to a version of Mobil 1 (regular or EP). This description is exactly what I would see inspecting the drain pan. But not on the first drain, only after the 2nd or 3rd oil change. What looked like small grains of rice. They were white, almost translucent. I could squeeze it in my fingers, and it would disintegrate whatever it was.

Back