2014 CRV valve cover removed after 800 miles of HPL EC-30.

Isn’t ester actually an organic solvent?
A solvent is any fluid capable of dissolving a solute. So basically all polar and non polar fluids. Nearly every fluid is a solvent to some degree.

But, in contextual parlance, “solvent” generally means a fluid specifically designed and marketed to remove dirt or deposits through dissolution.

By this measure, though, HPL EC is still a solvent, among other things.

Ran all my OLM to at least 15 or < at which I was way past 10k miles. Lived on either M1 0w30 with top off of Redline Oil, or Redline 5w30 with Mobil 1 top off. Oil change intervals more important on stop and go,lower quality fuel/oil,etc. I still remember when 5k on synthetic oil was a lot 😂

View attachment 207439

View attachment 207440

View attachment 207441

View attachment 207442

View attachment 207443

View attachment 207444

View attachment 207445
Sorry
I meant to write the 3.5 Honda's varnish up on long ocis..... especially dealer bulk oil.

And especially the front bank.

Had a 07 Accord with the 2.4 and at 300000 using Mobil One looked as good as the pictures...

Valvoline Synthetic Oil Treatment. Loaded with additives, including lots of moly. Was all the rage on here when you could buy it (?) 12-15 years ago. Long since discontinued.

Sorry
I meant to write the 3.5 Honda's varnish up on long ocis..... especially dealer bulk oil.

And especially the front bank.
Yeah it's possible they do. It would take a driving ritual like how we run it to see less of that. A Redline 5w20 or maybe a RL,M1 or AMSOIL 0w30 would probably be as thick as I would go.

The dealer oil I think is ConPhillips66. Only grade I used was 5w30 once

Back