Under valve cover pictures - 2016 Dodge Charger 70,000 miles total, 15,000 miles/33 months on HPL HDEO 5w-30

Wilson, can you share with the board how much money you will have spent on the extended oil change cycle including the cost of oil sampling, filters and specialty lube and any top off oil cost when you finally get to that oil change..

One other question? Do you have a Fumoto drain valve on your truck.

Wilson, can you share with the board how much money you will have spent on the extended oil change cycle including the cost of oil sampling, filters and specialty lube and any top off oil cost when you finally get to that oil change.
The sample kits are $25 each with shipping, HPL is $10 quart (no shipping because I pick it up at the plant), and filters are $10 each. There was no makeup oil.
$25x2(sample kits)+$10x6(oil)+$10x4(filters)=$150 entire cost for the oil change.

If I weren't experimenting and only cared about extending the oil change interval, then I would sample at 20k miles and change the filter at 10k miles. That would cost $105 for 20k miles.

However, the cost of the oil change is only part of the equation. I keep my cars for a long time and want my internals to be as clean as can be. For me, that's much more important than the cost of the oil change.

Do you have a Fumoto drain valve on your truck.

No, I sample with a vacuum extractor.

The sample kits are $25 each with shipping, HPL is $10 quart (no shipping because I pick it up at the plant), and filters are $10 each. There was no makeup oil.
$25x2(sample kits)+$10x6(oil)+$10x4(filters)=$150 entire cost for the oil change.

If I weren't experimenting and only cared about extending the oil change interval, then I would sample at 20k miles and change the filter at 10k miles. That would cost $105 for 20k miles.

However, the cost of the oil change is only part of the equation. I keep my cars for a long time and want my internals to be as clean as can be. For me, that's much more important than the cost of the oil change.

No, I sample with a vacuum extractor.
10 dollars per quart isn't that ridiculous of a price... but I see the HPL advertised on line at around 17 bucks a quart..
I used to go every 10k on my gas cars with Supertech synthetic. call it 25 an oil change.
highest mileage I ever made it too on a vehicle was 317k.
second place was a pickup at 277,000.

My interest is safely extended oil drain intervals. Many motivations for long OCIs.
yeah, currently on the cars I just change the oil @ filter once a year. neither of the cars see 10,000 miles a year.
The diesel truck is once every 6 months, even that isn't very many miles ( exception was this year with Alaska trip)
I changed the oil in my truck 2 months ago, haven't put 600 miles on it since.
I have a Fumoto drain valve on the truck, one of the nicest things I ever spent 25 bucks on.

Back