How to keep cats off your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought a Cat Stopper ultrasonic motion detecter thing that stopped cats from pooping on our property. it'll work if you don't have any dogs or cats of your own that would be irritated by the 'noise'

I can't believe I read the whole thing.

Yo, Jimmy, with respect, MAN UP. Take direct action. Get a dog or a BB gun. The latter will require your lying in ambush at night, but that can be fun. Oh, yeah, shoot the cat, not the neighbors. And the BB won't even break the skin--er, fur. I know this from experience. (Does that make me a bad person?) Just avoid a head shot.

I know that cats don't like ultrasonic noise. I used to have an old ultrasonic remote control for my TV that my cat absolutely couldn't stand. If you start pressing buttons it would eventually leave the room. You could have a clever setup of a motion sensor connected to some ultrasonic noise generator that would turn on for 30 seconds or so, then off. Usually motion sensors have an adjustable timer of some sort.

Also cats don't like to step on aluminum foil, so you could have a 6ft swath of foil around your truck. It would probably look horrible though (probably even ridiculous
LOL.gif
).

Maybe a better way would be to cover your hood, roof and truck bed with foil, you could even buy some cheap felt to put underneath if you were worried about scratches. You would also have to weight it down with small sand bags or, so the wind doesn't blow it away. A car cover might just be easier, though it could attract the cats since most covers are made of cloth.

Originally Posted By: Bobert
You could have a clever setup of a motion sensor connected to some ultrasonic noise generator that would turn on for 30 seconds or so, then off.

"Your mission, Bob, should you decide to accept it, is to set up an ultra sonic feline repellent device. As usual, should you or any member of your I.M. Force be captured or killed, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your existence. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Bob."

I like the foil idea. I certainly don't like stepping on it, so I can only guess a kitty would hate it.

My idea would be to lay down strips of duct tape, sticky side up, on the ground in a two foot swath around the vehicle. The cat steps in it, gets stuck, and you can humanely release them in the morning.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't know if the BB gun would work. I have watched my grandfather shoot a squirrel out of the bird feeder, and it instantly caused major damage to the squirrel's lower thigh area. There was a blood trail all the way into the woods and we later found it dead. It bled out.

I don't know but I'd almost try anything to keep the neighborhood cats from relieving themselves on my tires... man that makes me mad!!!

Originally Posted By: MysticGold04
cats from relieving themselves on my tires

I have never seen a cat do that, and there are cats everywhere here.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: MysticGold04
cats from relieving themselves on my tires

I have never seen a cat do that, and there are cats everywhere here.

Sounded kinda odd to me too! Dipped a few thousand leaking tire/rim assemblies in a tank of water to find leaks,,,smelled lots of dog urine. NEVER yet smelled cat,,even as damaged as my sense of smell is, think difference would be obvious!

Get a video of one of them cats!!

Bob

I can't stand free roaming cats.

Get a few big rat traps and set them up. The cats will eat off of them just like any other rodent, which is what cats basically are. Give them something nice for their last meal.

Originally Posted By: Cooper
just like any other rodent, which is what cats basically are.

This must be one of the five dumbest things I've ever read on BITOG. Congrats!

Originally Posted By: hddm3
shoot them. shoot them all!!!! haha

At least shooting them is a less womanly way of murdering than is poisoning (Think Borgia family).

Your quote, which is from 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' goes like this:

Toht (sadistic Nazi agent) to henchman: "Shoot zem. Shoot zem bof."

"Zem" being Indy (Harrison Ford) and the giant Sherpa (Pat Roach) in the Ravenwood bar.

May all you cat haters be plagued by mice and rats. See, that's what you get for your desire to kill kittens -- something at which you all are likely experts.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back