How often do you wash your car in an automatic car wash?

Been using a monthly subscription brush car wash 1-2x per week. Has an underbody spray. Car is a 2015 and looks great, even very closeup. I do use Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray about once a month because I enjoy it. Not sure it makes any difference but I get compliments all the time.

I used to spend all day washing and waxing. Used this wax called Zymol. Could only do one square foot at a time or you couldn’t remove it. Now I would rather golf, bike or shoot. Guess it just depends on how you want to spend your time.

IMG_1018.jpeg

Automatic car wash, about once a month, I usually have them spray on the ceramic wax. During the summer, I wash it more often, and use Meguiar's ultimate quick wax, spray on.

IMG_20230601_113811185_HDR.jpg

Reactions: hrv
“Harsh chemicals from cars washes cause paint damage. I never go through car washes and rarely use chemicals. If you want paint to last, leave it alone. Just rinse it.”

Respectfully disagree using my car as a study of one.

“Harsh chemicals from cars washes cause paint damage. I never go through car washes and rarely use chemicals. If you want paint to last, leave it alone. Just rinse it.”

Respectfully disagree using my car as a study of one.
I would agree. I’m sure the NYS thruway brine is way worse.

In the winter, especially after a snow event. We have a Club car wash just down the road, and another one in the next town. They also spray the underneath.

Otherwise, it's the local spray-your-own car wash, and then home for a hand wash.

Well yeah if you live in a place where there’s salt then obviously the harsh soaps are the lesser of two evils lol
Oh yeah it is horrible. Honestly when I think about it, it must be amazing to live somewhere in the US where you could take a corvette or some “nice” car out around Christmas time. lol

Only gone thru a few times, now they are advertising Graphene in the wash. :unsure:

When it needs it, but no more. That averages about once ever 1.5-2 months. "Just enough" is best. Just like changing oil too often can have drawbacks, so can this. I think the OCD types are not doing their vehicles any favors. JMO.

I use the drive thru car wash all the time. I live in a hi-rise apartment, I have no choice

Never. Will hit a coin op to pressure wash when the dirt gets caked on and I’m tired of looking at it. Try to wash by hand a couple of times over summer.

I've never put my GTI in an automatic wash. My wife may have ran the Tesla through some touchless ones a couple of times. I never thought it got that clean. I used the touchless a lot on my F150 and it just wasn't worth the money. Usually it was just to wash excess mud and filth off the truck. Neither of my cars are used in a way that the F150 was so I usually keep them cleaner and hand wash them more often.

I only have 1 vehicle that fits in the auto wash. I run it through maybe every 3-4 months.
Costs around $20, so not exactly cheap.

Well... 2 actually, but #2 (clapped out G35) leaks so bad in the car wash you need a rain suit.

Everything else is too big.

Back