How do you get to the airport with a lot of luggages for a long trip by air

It would be 2 if not one way deal if that's what I want. Both departure / arrival and to / from.

The main thing here is what will be the easiest for you. Getting an airport shuttle van to drop you off at Departures keeps everyone together. Same with returning home.

Growing up, I was in a family of 4. Same luggage situation.

A Chevy Tahoe or 1st gen Grand Cherokee always got it done.

When i lived in Austin I would ride the supershuttle quite frequently. A passenger van usually a mercedes sprinter comes and picks you up and a few other people along the route, and dumps you off at the airport.

So it looks like check in 24 hours ahead is an option (for United). Maybe if I went the night before with my family to take turn check in (wait in the cell phone lot while the others are checking in the bags) then go home, and just take the train the next day. This way would take more time but it would be easier when we are heading out.
"For flights within the U.S., as well as most international flights, baggage will generally not be accepted for check-in more than four hours before a scheduled flight departure, although this policy varies by airport and daily check-in counter hours."

Back