How and when do you pay your property taxes?

I get the tax bill for my county Autos in the mail and am given about the same options. I choose to pay the fee for using a credit card. It costs a bit but I do get 1% back from the card. I have no interest in my personal bank info being in a likely unsecure county database somewhere.

If it was the larger property tax bill - not sure. Probably mail a check and hope they don't store the banking info.

I Use the tax collectors website and pay with an electronic check for a nominal fee. I think they charge about $3.00

In PA there are 3 bills. County and township sewer are due 4/1 and 3/31. School due 8/31. School is about 60% of the total. I’m ok as our school ranks in the 600’s and has been trending down.

County paid at the local TD bank.

Township paid at town office. I use money market checks so if they delay cashing, funds are still earning 4%. I was told long ago never pay with mortgage co as no interest paid when held in escrow

I pay it the day I get it...use my ailine card so I get the points and when it posts I pay it in full....

4%? If your savings accounts aren't earning over 5%, you're leaving money on the table.
It’s 4.4%. If 5% is available for money market, it’s about $490. Normally I don’t leave money on the table like that, but it’s ok. I don’t want to change accounts.

I pay it the day I get it...use my ailine card so I get the points and when it posts I pay it in full....
I looked into CC payment but my town charges a processing fee, as does the county…3%

• Sad
Reactions: hrv
In Arizona property taxes are due October 31 and April 30. Or, you can pay the full year by December 31 with no penalty. I pay the full year in October to get it over with. Like someone said, "Pay once, cry once."

Mail in check at last possible moment. :LOL:
On ours in PA, 3/31, 4/1, 8/31, those dates yield a 2% discount. They can be paid later (never paid attention how much later) and still no penalty. Then a 3rd date with penalty

Bank bill pay is most reliable. They either make an electronic transaction for you or mail a paper check. They give you evidence of payment which has saved me a couple times when payees lost a payment.

No mortgage here . Tax bills are mailed out at the beginning of December and due by the end of the month . We send a check . If there is a discount for paying early I need to know about it . I'll email them today .

Our municipality offers for us to consent to have the funds automatically withdrawn from our back, which we do. We get something in the mail yearly with a summary and details.

EDIT: Spelling error, which I am keeping because it is one of the best unintentionally awesome spelling errors I've seen in a while. (It is supposed to read "... from our BANK...")

20 or so years ago I was involved in a benefit for a local homeless shelter. They had a massive banner on their wall, intent on inspiring the people there, that read, in all caps, "GET UP ONE MORE TIME THEN YOU FALL DOWN"; which completely flips the meaning of the intended message. THAT is a spelling error.

I found out that no matter if online or by mail Illinois gives you 30 days grace period from the due date without penalty. I pay online a week before they are due usually but for got once.

I found out something I didn't know . You cannot pay your tax bill at the Assessor's office . Here , the Sheriff sends the tax bills and you pay them .

For real estate taxes I go to the Sheriff’s office and write a check. I always pay before November 1 to get the maximum discount. Property tax on vehicles is paid when you do registration, which is due at the end of your birth month.

Going to be a couple decades before I have no mortgage, but I’m assuming I’ll write a check and mail to the town clerk when the time comes. Just like I do for car registration.

Back