Hotels

It is definitely Marriott. They peddle "Marriott Rewards" and Marriott vacation packages and the like. Sad thing is they SPOOF innocent peoples phone numbers to do this. I am on all the Do Not Call lists, too. They ignore it.
Again, it’s not Marriott.

With 700 stays at Marriott properties, I assure you that they are an excellent company and treat me very well

So does Hilton by the way, and IHG.

I spend roughly 150 nights a year (sometimes more, 2020 was less) in a hotel. I know good and I know bad. My Marriott stays above are on my own dime. I chose to spend my own $$ with them because they are good.

They are not the ones calling you.

I wont stay at a Marriott because of principle. Marriott spoofs innocent peoples cell phone numbers and uses them to repetitively call me over and over "congratulating" me on whatever they are selling. I tried everything possible to stop them and even called Marriott numerous times and the calls still come. Any company that intentionally SPOOFS innocent individuals phones can forget about me ever spending another dime with them. STAY AWAY FROM MARRIOTT!

I’ve never experienced that and I use my phone for everything connected to Marriott including check in and out.

In smaller cities I stay at high end airbnb's or the nice local establishments and become a "regular".

In NY I stay at the boutique hotels which have by and large stayed the same.

I wont stay at a Marriott because of principle. Marriott spoofs innocent peoples cell phone numbers and uses them to repetitively call me over and over "congratulating" me on whatever they are selling. I tried everything possible to stop them and even called Marriott numerous times and the calls still come. Any company that intentionally SPOOFS innocent individuals phones can forget about me ever spending another dime with them. STAY AWAY FROM MARRIOTT!
I have been getting that from Hilton as well...

I was traveling for work pre Covid....

90% of the time I stayed at La Quinta hotels. Nothing fancy but always clean and in a decent area.

We have always had good experiences with Hampton. We aren’t brand loyal when it comes to hotels though. The hotel with the best reviews / amenities for the price gets our booking.
We also use VRBO / Airbnb with good success. Going to an Airbnb in Virginia in a few months if the king doesn’t lock everything down.

I heard on the radio yesterday Marriott’s business was down 60% in 2020 due to business travel almost vanishing.

Have stayed in plenty of "hotels" as a former flight attendant. They were called hotels, but they seemed more like motels. Delta did occasionally score a contract with a nice one, and I got to stay in a few, but for the most part, it was Days Inn and the like. So glad I'm not doing that anymore, because bedbugs seem to be prolific now. It's a miracle that as many beds as I've slept in, I never got anything.

My last attempt at lodging on a budget was in Miami, and after that disgusting nightmare, I swore it off for good. I believe the room they put me in had recently been flooded, and the neighbors were hanging out on the front walk in plastic patio chairs, with people coming and going. (Drug dealers). I didn't even attempt to get a refund, I just caught a cab to the Marriott a few miles away. 6 floors up, good A/C, clean, dry, and not a drug dealer in sight. You realize it's worth it when you feel clean and safe. Motel 6 and the like can keep their scabies.

We usually do about 10 nights a year, and book with Hotels.com to get one free night for every 10 booked.

I stayed in a Courtyard Suites (Marriott) this week, decent room, but worn out bed.

Last time we went to Houston we stayed at the Hilton next door, much better.

I would recommend Hilton over Marriott any day.

The wife and I always say that our house is much nicer than any hotel, when we were young it was fun and exciting to stay in a hotel now not so much.

We usually do about 10 nights a year, and book with Hotels.com to get one free night for every 10 booked.

I stayed in a Courtyard Suites (Marriott) this week, decent room, but worn out bed.

Last time we went to Houston we stayed at the Hilton next door, much better.

I would recommend Hilton over Marriott any day.

The wife and I always say that our house is much nicer than any hotel, when we were young it was fun and exciting to stay in a hotel now not so much.
Agreed....
It doesn't take much for me to get grossed out in a hotel.
I guess it would be good to walk out right away than stay in a place you deem not right.

Marriott Vacation Club and Mariott Vacations Worldwide are completely separate from Marriott International. They're licensed to use the name and probably have agreements that allow them to work cooperatively with Marriott's rewards program.

https://ir.marriottvacationsworldwi...tional-board-approves-spin-marriott-vacations
BETHESDA, Md., Oct. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) announced today that its Board of Directors approved the spin-off of its wholly owned subsidiary, Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation, through the distribution of shares to holders of Marriott International common stock. The Board of Directors also set the distribution ratio, record date, and distribution date for the spin-off.

Upon completion of the spin-off, Marriott International shareholders will own all of the outstanding shares of Marriott Vacations Worldwide common stock. Marriott Vacations Worldwide will be the exclusive developer and manager of vacation ownership and related products under the Marriott brand and the exclusive developer of vacation ownership and related products under the Ritz-Carlton brand. Marriott International will concentrate on its lodging management and franchise business.

I prefer the rooms have laminate flooring instead of carpet

I dunno. I'm not that particular. Once we stayed at a resort hotel in Maui and the floor was slab tiles.

hnmmc-guestroom-0127-hor-feat.jpg

Remember the oil tycoons of a century past getting those $5000 rooms?

There was the controversy over the IRS having a conference in Anaheim, California. I heard it was a bonus because they booked so many rooms, but the Marriott and Hilton near the convention center threw in their nicest suites at government per diem rates. The suites went to higher ups in IRS management.

Although the per diem rate of $135 was charged by the hotels, we determined the rack rates for the upgraded rooms provided ranged from $299 per night to $1,500 per night, depending on the room and the hotel. For example, the Commissioner, SB/SE Division, stayed five nights in a Presidential Suite at the Marriott. This room is described as having a private bedroom, living area, conference table, wet bar, and billiard table. We spoke with a Marriott representative who stated that this suite currently retails for $3,500 per night.

The Deputy Commissioner, SB/SE Division, stayed five nights in a two-bedroom Presidential Suite at the Hilton. The IRS paid the standard per diem rate of $135 per night for the room, which would have normally cost guests $1,499 per night during a four night stay. Figure 3 shows a Presidential Suite at the Hilton hotel.

Some of neighbors ,work at home and in conversation they do not want to go back to a office routine, way to much drama and juggling for positions, having someone tell you when u can go to lunch, stupid meetings is said often, stupid bosses is another, and parking and traffic must be number one and wasted fuel,,,it goes on and on...lol, yep the day of the office worker may have come to an end on some levels....robots work in offices,,,lol

Looking around on hotel sites today. I know of one completely filthy rat hole that always is booked up and it isn't cheap or in a convenient area. Seriously no snobbery here but it's a Econo Lodge dump.. Amazing.. the worst..

Looking around on hotel sites today. I know of one completely filthy rat hole that always is booked up and it isn't cheap or in a convenient area. Seriously no snobbery here but it's a Econo Lodge dump.. Amazing.. the worst..
I worked for a Best Western Plus for seven years. The owners put alot of money into the property. My biggest complaint is that it took way too long for BW to differentiate the differences between the properties ie 2,3,4 diamond rated. The property was built in the 60's and it made it difficult to work on due to the age. The owners were kind of penny pinchers which helped out during the pandemic. Econo Lodges seemed to be really hit or mis in quality. I've seen a few that were really sketchy.

Back