Hot Shots Secret Gasoline Extreme

Or perhaps a petroleum company purchases the brand.

Imagine if ExxonMobil could advertise that their new HotShots Infused gasoline gave you a 7% increase over Shell? Who would buy Shell after that?
Hotshots is an ant if a company compared to exxon.
Their fuels R and D development budget must be 10 fold of hotshots.
They won't buy HS because they know their is no merit in a product with such outlandish claims.

Any third party test can easily be manipulated to prove a product.
Is it really a third party.....who paid for the test..... hotshots?
Bias anyone.

7% every time eh.........
A lot of variables at play for accurate mpg measurements.
Yet you get 7% every time......
Not sure if I'm buying it.

The hotshots.......
That only equates to about 1mpg increase in my Silverado, but yes every time I use this product my numbers are better. On a trip last summer from Michigan to Massachusetts I got over 30mpg in our Honda Pilot. On the way back it was a little over 27. I couldn't figure my it was so different and then remembered I ran the Gasoline Extreme on the way there. If it works at all (and it does) why is it so unbelievable that it would work every time?? I don't care if you buy it or not...... or if you believe me.

That only equates to about 1mpg increase in my Silverado, but yes every time I use this product my numbers are better. On a trip last summer from Michigan to Massachusetts I got over 30mpg in our Honda Pilot. On the way back it was a little over 27. I couldn't figure my it was so different and then remembered I ran the Gasoline Extreme on the way there. If it works at all (and it does) why is it so unbelievable that it would work every time?? I don't care if you buy it or not...... or if you believe me.
Which you may observe, but are completely unable to attribute to one isolated variable. You may think you are controlling variables in your driving but it is flat out impossible to do so. In and of itself fuel energy can vary around 4% even at the same gas station, plus you add on all the other variables of weather and tens if not a hundred other uncontrolled variables.

Observing something is the easy part. Ascribing it to an isolated variable in everyday driving is the difficult part. You cannot ever ascribe a 1 MPG difference to one of the many variables in the noise.

This post by someone who knows what he's talking about hits on some of the problems:

Fuel efficiency is VERY hard to accurately measure in the field with regard to input changes; it's much more easily studied in the lab where the variables are tightly controlled. I doubt anyone can truly prove any substantial increase in a few runs to/from somewhere.

The point of the PEA is to "clean" the injection system. (mainly improve the injectors to a state of being like new in their spray pattern.) Claiming a 7% increase in efficiency would indicate to me that the PEA "cleaned" a very dirty system; a bold claim purported to happen in one tank's worth of application.

But, once the system is "clean" from one or two applications, there should be no "improvement" thereafter ... (because you can't clean something that's already clean). Hence, where one could claim (unsubstantiated) that a 7% improvement is possible, it would be improbable to duplicate upon continued use. And to claim it's repeatable in a system which has already been "cleaned' is, IMO, absurd.

I do believe that PEA can do some really good work when heavily dosed; there was a Gumout demo held for BITOG about a decade or so ago; I believe wwillson attended that event. But I don't recall all the dets. I think they did a visual inspection and the cylinders/pistons were much cleaner after application and an overnight full-on run of the vehicle. However, I'm not sure if they did any fuel efficiency assessments.

Last edited:
Back